What's new

The Wolf has Landed

Inaugural shave was, as expected, a marvelous combination of slight (but very comfortable) blade feel, audible feedback, heft, balance and remarkable efficiency.

I was pleasantly surprised by the handle, in that though quite smooth in its finish, I had no concerns about it being slippery.

A steep angle with a sharp blade is what this Wolf craves; a Feather always obliges.

Since I used the Blackbird the previous morning, I didn’t have the typical morning scruff with which to contend. I could have stopped after the first WTG pass, but then the Murphy & McNeil Claddagh soap would have gone to waste.

Is this Wolfman WR2 worth its price of $300 USD? The answer requires some very subjective input, and opinions will justifiably differ.

I have achieved some sublime shaves from my Goodwill #160 (which was a giveaway back in 1930), a Raised Flat Bottom New, a 1934 Aristocrat, a 1918 Old Type, a Sheraton, a Gamechanger .84 and countless other vintage and modern razors. For me, the 20 minutes or so that comprise my morning ritual, that allow for contemplation (and often prayer), that provide me moments of calm before the day’s storm, that help me look inward before I must face the outward, that cause me to pause, to focus and to envelop my senses, within my little corner of the cosmos, is worth every penny that I have spent since I started this awesome hobby.

I so wish I had begun 40 years ago. God willing, I can continue to enjoy these instruments and artisans for the next 40.

View attachment 1011671

So well said!

It would be interesting to see what he came up with for an adjustable, for sure.

I don't know how the process of making an adjustable compares with making
a 3-piece razor....but the Janus guy seems to have an entire battery of workshop
personnel working on his razor. Wonder if making an adjustable is suited to a one man
operation...just curious.

I don't know how the process of making an adjustable compares with making
a 3-piece razor....but the Janus guy seems to have an entire battery of workshop
personnel working on his razor. Wonder if making an adjustable is suited to a one man
operation...just curious.

That Janus is in a league of it's own. The thing prolly has 30+ parts. Plus, I think Eric is just the brains...without the skills to manufacture. That battery of guys is a couple of well equipped shops run by many.

I could be terribly wrong but i think Rocnel is a one man operation, ala DuFour. The new Sailor is an adjustable designed, built, and polished by Murat. It has 6 pieces I believe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My first Wolfman is on board for delivery today (Monday in Australia)!
Can't want to take a looksie and a shave tomorrow morning...

My number just came up. I paid an invoice for a WR2-SB 1.25mm with a WRH2 handle tonight. I confirmed all of this in between Thanksgiving courses. Looking forward to getting it!

BTW, I filled out the spreadsheet at about 10:30PM on 9/6.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My number just came up. I paid an invoice for a WR2-SB 1.25mm with a WRH2 handle tonight. I confirmed all of this in between Thanksgiving courses. Looking forward to getting it!

A wise choice!! Congrats!

I filled mine out about the same time and I got my invoice today as well. I haven’t finalized yet because I’m too indecisive. I’m leaning towards the 125 OC though.

Congrats! Very nice choice

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I filled mine out about the same time and I got my invoice today as well. I haven’t finalized yet because I’m too indecisive. I’m leaning towards the 125 OC though.
For what it’s worth, a few other members have commented that the 1.25 SB was just as efficient as the 1.25 OC but did so with more comfort.

I puzzled with this myself. I normally prefer open combs, but I went with the SB based on the reviews and conversation threads here.

I puzzled with this myself. I normally prefer open combs, but I went with the SB based on the reviews and conversation threads here.
That’s where I’m kind of leaning right now. I used to have both Karve F plates. I found the overakk efficiency to be the same, but the second pass was more comfortable with the SB because. I liked the first pass better with the OC though. Ther does seem to be a strong consensus towards the SB with the WR2 though, even with people who like the WR1 OC.

The Wolf WR2 has Landed!!!!!!! 1st Shave of 2020 as well! I’m So Excited!! :ouch1::thumbup::001_wub: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 Guys
D41FD819-15C4-45FA-863F-1D0F3C04D503.jpeg

Top Bottom