What's new

The Wolf has Landed

These are friggin beautiful razors. Congrats to everyone who received one recently.

I have to ask, the website says they are $250. Is that head only?

I’ve followed along @Hannah's Dad thread, so I thought I’d share this here too.
Special delivery today! I went with the basic polish on a hollow WR2 handle and a last minute change to the 1.25 from a 1.15 gap. I had my eye on the tracking and waited to shave. I’m really happy my choice. I like the balance on the hollow handle and the 1.25 was nothing to fear. Excellent smooth shave with and against the grain. I’m looking forward to many more shaves with this beautiful razor!
:D

View attachment 1049827

For reference, two of my favorite razors are the Timeless.95 and the Karve D/E.

Congratulations!! Your razor is pure class! Treat it well! :001_rolle

Mine got here last night. I ordered the WR2-SB with the 1.05 gap. The mirror finish is spectacular and photos don't do it justice. The one surprise I had was the amount of blade gap and exposure. It should be an efficient razor and I will use it later today.

Wolfman 2.jpgWolfman 3.jpgWolfman.jpg

Mine got here last night. I ordered the WR2-SB with the 1.05 gap. The mirror finish is spectacular and photos don't do it justice. The one surprise I had was the amount of blade gap and exposure. It should be an efficient razor and I will use it later today.

View attachment 1050514View attachment 1050515View attachment 1050516
Congrats on the new Wr2 @ackvil ,
I'm liking the Wrh2 handle, Beautiful Razor..from my experience the Wr2 definitely exceeded my expectations and now have a new found respect for Wolfman and James...
Looking fwd to your shave report....... :thumbsup:

Detailed report please! That is the exact config I'm looking at (plus hollow handle, minus for basic polish) once I get that third email.

I just got my first shave with my new razor.

First, by way of background. I have a wiry beard that seems to have been designed by an abstract artist. On my neck my beard seems to change directions every 1/4 of an inch. As a result, going WTG has no meaning for me. As a result, to get a BBS shave I have to do 4-pass shave changing directions with each pass. My first pass is N to S. When I do that pass in places that would be ATG. Therefore, I have determined that overly aggressive razors such as the R.41 do not work for me. As a further illustration, I bought the ATT S-1 razor and also the S-2 OC plate. The S-1 gives me excellent shaves but the S-2 was efficient but resulted in irritation in parts of my neck no matter how light a touch I use.

As a result, I was concerned about how my face would react to this razor since the blade gap and exposure was ore than I realized. However, I should not have been concerned.

On my first shave I used an AP Shaving Tuxedo syn brush with GD After the Fire soap. The blade was a Personna Medical Prep blade. I washed my face (I shower after I shave) and wet it. I applied the cream and did my first pass. The handle of the razor is perfect. It has sufficient texture so that I could easily grip the razor even with wet hands. I experienced no problems with the first pass. My next two pass goes in a direction from my ears to my nose and then from my nose to my ears. I could have stopped after three passes and I would have gotten a near BBS shave. The razor is very efficient. Nevertheless, being compulsive I did my fourth pass which is in an upward direction. The result was excellent. Often I have to touch up on my neck area under my ears and the corner of my mouth. However, no touch-ups were needed. A BBS shave with zero irritation.

I started my first pass using a steep angle because of my concern for irritation. However, I soon changed it to my customary classic angle.

James has paid meticulous detail to this razor. The balance is perfect and everything fits perfectly. One pet peeve I have is when a blade sticks out of a razor or if it is difficult to set the blade in the razor. James has designed the head perfectly to address this situation. In fact, there are prongs on the razor head to hold the blade as the photo below shows.

Other than the price of the razor, I can find no cons to it. I will continue to use it and will report back later.

Wolfman blade.jpg

Congrats! Did you get the solid or hollow handle and how do you like the feel/balance?

Thanks. I have the same configuration as you then, except a 1.15 gap. Sometimes I wonder if I’d like the lighter weight of the hollow WRH2 handle better.

The handle is not that heavy. My Timeless SS is much heavier. In fact, I find the heavier handle razors work best for me. They assure that I am not pressing on the razor.

The handle is not that heavy. My Timeless SS is much heavier. In fact, I find the heavier handle razors work best for me. They assure that I am not pressing on the razor.

That’s interesting because my Wolfman (which weighs exactly the same as yours) is heavier than my Timeless SS, though not by much (6 grams).

WR2 head: 33g
WRH2 handle (90mm solid): 94g
Total: 127g

Timeless head: 41g
Timeless 85mm handle: 80g
Total: 121g

If you have one of the 100mm Timeless handles, which are 94g, then your Timeless SS would be 135g.....or 8g heavier than your Wolfman.

My Timeless weighs in at 145. As you can see, it is a lot bigger than the Wolfman.

Ah, yes, you have one of the long Timeless handles. I have the short, dimpled one, so mine weighs just a little less than my Wolf. I don’t mind the heft of my Wolf......but after using a titanium handle with my GC84 and enjoying the slightly lighter feel, I’ve wondered if I’d have liked the weight of the hollow handle WRH2 better. No biggie, I am loving the razor immensely....the shaves I’m getting from it are fantastic.

I just got my first shave with my new razor.

First, by way of background. I have a wiry beard that seems to have been designed by an abstract artist. On my neck my beard seems to change directions every 1/4 of an inch. As a result, going WTG has no meaning for me. As a result, to get a BBS shave I have to do 4-pass shave changing directions with each pass. My first pass is N to S. When I do that pass in places that would be ATG. Therefore, I have determined that overly aggressive razors such as the R.41 do not work for me. As a further illustration, I bought the ATT S-1 razor and also the S-2 OC plate. The S-1 gives me excellent shaves but the S-2 was efficient but resulted in irritation in parts of my neck no matter how light a touch I use.

As a result, I was concerned about how my face would react to this razor since the blade gap and exposure was ore than I realized. However, I should not have been concerned.

On my first shave I used an AP Shaving Tuxedo syn brush with GD After the Fire soap. The blade was a Personna Medical Prep blade. I washed my face (I shower after I shave) and wet it. I applied the cream and did my first pass. The handle of the razor is perfect. It has sufficient texture so that I could easily grip the razor even with wet hands. I experienced no problems with the first pass. My next two pass goes in a direction from my ears to my nose and then from my nose to my ears. I could have stopped after three passes and I would have gotten a near BBS shave. The razor is very efficient. Nevertheless, being compulsive I did my fourth pass which is in an upward direction. The result was excellent. Often I have to touch up on my neck area under my ears and the corner of my mouth. However, no touch-ups were needed. A BBS shave with zero irritation.

I started my first pass using a steep angle because of my concern for irritation. However, I soon changed it to my customary classic angle.

James has paid meticulous detail to this razor. The balance is perfect and everything fits perfectly. One pet peeve I have is when a blade sticks out of a razor or if it is difficult to set the blade in the razor. James has designed the head perfectly to address this situation. In fact, there are prongs on the razor head to hold the blade as the photo below shows.

Other than the price of the razor, I can find no cons to it. I will continue to use it and will report back later.

View attachment 1050541

Congratulations! Enjoy your shaves!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Now I'm wondering if I should order the hollow handle when my name comes up. Too many decisions!
I have the hollow handle. My reasoning was that it would be similar to having a titanium handle. But when my name comes up I'll be going solid on the next one. I think it throws the balance off a bit.

Well, I have used my Wolfman WR-2 SB 1.05 for 9 shaves now. The blade has been a Personna Medical Prep blade. I have used a different brush every day and have alternated soaps every day (Haslinger Coconut, tallow formula, and GD After the Fire).

Every shave has been excellent. The razor for me is smooth and very efficient. I have gotten BBS shaves every day. I may be able to push this razor and blade combo for a few more shaves but decided not to press the issue.

I cleaned up the razor and let it rest in my razor drawer and will move on to my brass Karve razor. I will go back to it in a few weeks and test it out with other blades.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Well, I have used my Wolfman WR-2 SB 1.05 for 9 shaves now. The blade has been a Personna Medical Prep blade. I have used a different brush every day and have alternated soaps every day (Haslinger Coconut, tallow formula, and GD After the Fire).

Every shave has been excellent. The razor for me is smooth and very efficient. I have gotten BBS shaves every day. I may be able to push this razor and blade combo for a few more shaves but decided not to press the issue.

I cleaned up the razor and let it rest in my razor drawer and will move on to my brass Karve razor. I will go back to it in a few weeks and test it out with other blades.
Jim, put a shim or two in your WR2. You’ll get even greater efficiency without sacrificing an ounce of smoothness.

Top Bottom