What's new

The Winter Hat

The one LL Bean sells is actually a Mad Bomber hat. I'd been wanting it for awhile, and had a chance to check it out at their store. It DOES shed a lot of hair, just by handling it in the store! I don't know if that stops after awhile or not.

ps...I didn't buy it.

Thanks - I think the shedding will rule that one out for me, then.

Looks like it's right from the steppes.

What kind of fur is that?

My hat is rabbit fur. I would have linked directly to Mad Bomber website instead of posting a random pic (no, that person in the pic is not me :lol:) but I couldn't find a solid fur hat on their website.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I cannot comment on the rabbit fur models, but my shearling version has never been a shedder.

(Hey, stop talking about shaving brushes, guys!!)

The warmest winter hat I own:

proxy.php

It the Everest Designs hat from the ladies knitting Sherpas at Mt. Everest. I take this hat with my when I go out winter backpacking and it is plenty warm enough in the coldest weather.

But mine is made by Mad Bomber. It keeps me too warm to the point of sweating. I've received funny looks wearing it but as I've aged, I've realized you can poke fun at me, but I'm warmer than you.:lol:

Yeah, they're nice hats. They'll definitely have no problem keep you warm and toasty.

My hat is rabbit fur. I would have linked directly to Mad Bomber website instead of posting a random pic (no, that person in the pic is not me :lol:) but I couldn't find a solid fur hat on their website.

It's not? :sad:

I have this:

proxy.php

But mine is made by Mad Bomber. It keeps me too warm to the point of sweating. I've received funny looks wearing it but as I've aged, I've realized you can poke fun at me, but I'm warmer than you.:lol:

I have one of those. I used to wear it hunting. I can't wear it if I am doing anything because it is too warm. I haven't wore it in years.

I have one of these. Same design, but more practical, IMHO. It is plenty warm, not quite as ugly, good with flaps up or down, and fairly cheap. It cost about $25.00 here. They come in brown, black or navy. I have a hat badge on mine for when I am in uniform. The stud hits the forehead a little, but that is not an issue for you guys.

proxy.php

Winter is here. Snow is on the ground. It's cold out. I'm going to need to pull out the snow blower in the next month. That said, I'm in the market for a winter hat that will keep the wind out of my face and keep my head warm. Right now I am looking at this badboy:
proxy.php
Looks warm - I'd wear it!

I have one of those. I used to wear it hunting. I can't wear it if I am doing anything because it is too warm. I haven't wore it in years.

I have one of these. Same design, but more practical, IMHO. It is plenty warm, not quite as ugly, good with flaps up or down, and fairly cheap. It cost about $25.00 here. They come in brown, black or navy. I have a hat badge on mine for when I am in uniform. The stud hits the forehead a little, but that is not an issue for you guys.

Ugly? They're not ugly. Nothing's more beautiful than wearing the de-boned and de-meated remains of a couple of small furry mammals on one's head. :cool:

I have this:

proxy.php

You look quite young (and well shaven) in the photo. :smile:

When I was a kid I got an amazingly warm seal hat that my uncle wore when he was a China Marine. It still had the old school Eagle, Globe and Anchor (two scrolls) pinned in the front flap. I wore it for years, but my mom tossed it (along with my comic books) when I was on a deployment.

Since this is B&B, why don't we put together a group buy for a badger hat? Wouldn't that be cool? Maybe an option for different grades?

You look quite young (and well shaven) in the photo. :smile:

Well thank you but that is a chick, I'm a dude, and that was just a random pic off of google to show the hat I have. I couldn't find the stock pic. If I can find my hat, I'll take a pic...myself included. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have this:

proxy.php

Might make an excelllent brush for summer use!:lol::lol::lol:

This is not me, but it is a great hat that looks very warm. I believe it came from Russia.
attachment.php

That's ME!
Yep came from russia my sister picked it up for me, but it is synthetic sable. It is indeed nice and toasty, even doing 85mph on a cold day(50's) with the top off your Jeep.
I have yet to try it out on a really cold day, but being in California, they are hard to come by.

Top Bottom