What's new

"The Winning Razor" just arrived and I glass bead blasted it.

It arrived in 3days sooner then expected.
First thing I put in a Nacet blade and gave it a test drive. It was so smooth and like shaving on autopilot.
Great shave and really treated my neck with kindness.

I make custom knives so I had to tweak it a bit so I glass bead blasted it. Removed all tooling marks. The original finish was nice and industrial.
Love the razor and recommend it. It's a great deal and American made.

Adam

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
First thing I put in a Nacet blade and gave it a test drive. It was so smooth and like shaving on autopilot.

I make custom knives so I had to tweak it a bit so I glass bead blasted it. Removed all tooling marks. The original finish was nice and industrial.

Adam

I see where you get your username. Original industrial tooling mark finish, oh heck no! I'ma gonna sand blast that sucker, and get it to my liking doggone! 😁

I love USA made goods. And truth is, after all the business going on over in China, many companies have returned to make goods in America again, which I see as a good thing! That Henson is a fine looking razor. I hope you enjoy it for a long time. And if not, well, this is America, somebody will end up getting fired. JK 😝

The bead-blasted finish looks uniform and mindfully done. I've tried a couple of cheap razor heads I had with a Dremel and a buffing wheel--uh, not "quite" as nice as yours. In fact, the two heads I used as first runs were also my last runs--never again!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

The bead-blasted finish looks uniform and mindfully done. I've tried a couple of cheap razor heads I had with a Dremel and a buffing wheel--uh, not "quite" as nice as yours. In fact, the two heads I used as first runs were also my last runs--never again!

That would be the only way that I could do it! I have Dremel's top of the line rotary tool, with the flexible extension, a really nice kit. Like all things, even if you buy the top model, you get so little with it. You still have to buy accessory kits, but ya, I got buffing stones, and buffing fabric wheels for it. I agree, you'd never achieve the same as a glass bead blaster.

Thats also not an everyday common tool either guys, a glass bead blast cabinet, thats usually only found among professional's. And thats not even a common tool to be used among mechanics. Thats more like a specialized tool.

Adam

It's not just American made, it's made by Yates! They make super high quality razors and they're expensive. The "Winning razor" is easily worth 3 times the asking price. I love mine and it's in my top 3 favorites of the razors I own. When I need a quick shave, that's the one I grab. I've even thought about buying a spare in case they disappear at some point. Good choice!

This is a 'duh' moment on my part: I didn't realize The Winning Razor was a brand name razor. I thought it was the razor that won the bead-blasting process. So, off to the internet--how about that, it's a reasonably priced stainless steel DE razor. And for $55--please, tempt me a bit more. How does The Winning Razor shave (please tell me it pulls, tugs, and doesn't work regardless of the blade. Fear not, I've my Discover Card handy, just in case.

This is a 'duh' moment on my part: I didn't realize The Winning Razor was a brand name razor. I thought it was the razor that won the bead-blasting process. So, off to the internet--how about that, it's a reasonably priced stainless steel DE razor. And for $55--please, tempt me a bit more. How does The Winning Razor shave (please tell me it pulls, tugs, and doesn't work regardless of the blade. Fear not, I've my Discover Card handy, just in case.
Sorry to tell you my friend but it shaves great. (I know you didn't want to hear that) It's a real Yates for just over $50!
It's like the Henson but slightly more agressive and stainless. Nearly impossible to nick yourself. A great daily razor!

👆 +1. I love this razor, too. Part of my regular rotation. The name seemed a little gimmicky when I was considering buying it, and the price was so low, but once the razor arrived and I used it, it quickly became apparent that it's the real deal. Highly recommended.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Did you see the post from Ron? You know what that means? It means its time to inflate your credit! So start buying, and I am going to be timing you with my chronometer, come on, times a wasting, chop chop! :lol:

You got me, guys! I'm in! Headed over to the website and support a Penn home-brewed razor maker. If it's to me what it is to you guys, you know I'm going to have to get two. I'll begin with one. Now, about buying a bead blaster... only kidding. Thanks for nudging me over the edge--I was hoping for it.

DONE! One "The Winning Razor" should be here next week. I've an 85mm Ikon matte stainless steel handle that may find home under this razor's head. We shall see.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

You got me, guys! I'm in! Headed over to the website and support a Penn home-brewed razor maker. If it's to me what it is to you guys, you know I'm going to have to get two. I'll begin with one. Now, about buying a bead blaster... only kidding. Thanks for nudging me over the edge--I was hoping for it.

DONE! One "The Winning Razor" should be here next week.

Well, you are super de duper welcome DEGuy! We help each other make great choices in life. And I am happy that I recently ordered the Merkur Futur razor, even though it hasn't arrived yet, and I haven't tried it yet. Its because I know its going to be awesome, everybody loves the razor. Its one of those, you just know moments. You just know, its gonna be great.

Star treking across the B&B, whisker removal provided for, none other then the Merkur Futur! Captain, their's whiskers on the starboard bow, lets cut em off! There's whiskers on the port bow, lets get rid of them too, Merkur Futur set to kill, and off goes those remaining klingons. 😝

Top Bottom