What's new

The "Winning" Razor Has Arrived...

Gentlemen
My new razor arrived yesterday from the Wet Shaving Club. They call it the "Winning" razor for a few reasons. First off, the cost for this SS razor is very low and makes it very affordable. Made by a small business which is family run. This is good as well.
It was packaged very minimally which is fine as well. It was in a stiff paper shipping envelope, recyclable...excellent. Inside was a waxed paper package tied with string...good again. Inside that was a burlap drawstring bag, also good. Then, inside that was the razor, wrapped in...plastic bubblewrap...sigh. So close.
Onto the razor. Fit and finish are fine. Definite machining marks which do not impact the razor in any way at all. Some have polished the razor to increase "glide" I guess. I didn't notice anything untoward with the razor as is. Perhaps I may polish it in the future.
It's a solid piece weighing in at 119 gms which gives it a solid hefty feel. The handle is a good length and easy to hold. Not as long as the GreenCult handle which is a good thing for me. And I like longer handles generally.
I used a Feather with a few shaves on it to give me a starting point for aggressiveness, feel and general impressions.
Lathered up with a wool fat soap and got to work.
Noticed that you can either ride the cap a bit for sensitive or prone to nick areas or a more vertical approach for a more efficient whisker removal.
Did two passes and some buffing for a nice smooth shave. Very manoeuvrable with a good solid feel to it. The handle is not slippery at all and I pretty much let the razor and its weight do the work.
Next up will be a new Wizamet, PolSilver or Voskhod now that I have an idea how this thing shaves.
So, I would recommend this razor for both new and experienced wet shavers plus its price also makes it a very attractive option for your rotation as well.
IMG_2166.jpeg
IMG_2167.jpeg
IMG_2168.jpeg
IMG_2169.jpeg
IMG_2170.jpeg

Great review @huck1680, well done. I have had one for some time now and it is in my regular rotation. To shave with it is different, not good or bad, just different. If new to DE shaving this is the ideal razor. Low price point and the profile of the head insists on the correct angle or it simply does not shave. So it forces you to maintain the right angle of attack in order to shave. I like using it not because I prefer it but because it is different. It does deliver amazing results every time for me. Recommended!

Interesting...my first shave was with an "experienced" Feather and I got a very nice shave with two passes and some buffing. Today I used a new Astra and it was...disappointing. It felt rough and as if the blade was tugging. Adjusting my angle helped but I think, for me, a sharper blade will be the next step in getting to know this razor. The Astra works well in my Henson Ti so I thought it would be a good choice for this shaver. Apparently not. Cheers

Interesting...my first shave was with an "experienced" Feather and I got a very nice shave with two passes and some buffing. Today I used a new Astra and it was...disappointing. It felt rough and as if the blade was tugging. Adjusting my angle helped but I think, for me, a sharper blade will be the next step in getting to know this razor. The Astra works well in my Henson Ti so I thought it would be a good choice for this shaver. Apparently not. Cheers
It is blade sensitive. I was really disappointed the first few shaves and nearly gave up on it. I don't remember the blade but it might have been an Astra or a Dorco Prime. I also tried a Kai, which was not great either. Once I put a feather in, the thing sang. Gives very very good shaves with the right blade.

Top Bottom