What's new

The “Winning Razor” by WSC/YPM…..

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210713_114748_2.jpg

Razor: WSC/YPM Winning Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5 and retired)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: A&E Kaizen
Aftershave: A&E Kaizen
Fragrance: Belcam Clash EdT Spray
razor-blade 20210713_114906_2.jpg

Interesting razor. The head reminds me, to some degree, of the Henson. Minimal blade exposure and feel. I would peg The Winning Razor as medium efficient. The head is larger than I normally like. The cap and plate lead you to use a fairly neutral angle (which I, of course, extended to as steep as I could take it and still whack my whiskers ;)). Also had issues with balance and feel using the stock handle and changed over to the RazoRock Ti Halo - much better for me. No issues at all with the lather holes clogging. Finished my standard 3-pass + touch-ups shave without any blood, minimal irritation and with a very nice shave. :thumbup:

View attachment 1296246
Razor: WSC/YPM Winning Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5 and retired)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Lather: A&E Kaizen
Aftershave: A&E Kaizen
Fragrance: Belcam Clash EdT Spray
View attachment 1296247
Interesting razor. The head reminds me, to some degree, of the Henson. Minimal blade exposure and feel. I would peg The Winning Razor as medium efficient. The head is larger than I normally like. The cap and plate lead you to use a fairly neutral angle (which I, of course, extended to as steep as I could take it and still whack my whiskers ;)). Also had issues with balance and feel using the stock handle and changed over to the RazoRock Ti Halo - much better for me. No issues at all with the lather holes clogging. Finished my standard 3-pass + touch-ups shave without any blood, minimal irritation and with a very nice shave. :thumbup:
Great Review. How would you feel about recommending this razor to a new DE shaver?

I just returned my Winning Razor. I found it overly heavy and bulky and somewhat difficult to use on my neck for some reason....maybe the head angle or something. It definitely does not shave like a Henson razor even though its head design is similar looking. I also didn't like how it wanted to suck to my skin. Glad to hear most of you folks are liking yours. For me, it wasn't going to cut it (no pun intended)...:biggrin1: It is a very well made razor for $50....could also double as a weapon under certain circumstances...haha.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I just returned my Winning Razor. I found it overly heavy and bulky and somewhat difficult to use on my neck for some reason....maybe the head angle or something. It definitely does not shave like a Henson razor even though its head design is similar looking. I also didn't like how it wanted to suck to my skin. Glad to hear most of you folks are liking yours. For me, it wasn't going to cut it (no pun intended)...:biggrin1: It is a very well made razor for $50....could also double as a weapon under certain circumstances...haha.

The weight and balance were also an issue for me. Changing to the RazoRock Ti Halo helped. :)

To make it lighter it would mean do machine it more. And machine it more mean more machine time. So it would be more expensive. I believe that the objective os this razor was to be a great razor at a lower cost.

I belive thet this was the tought behind the more bulk design. But it just a tought.

Anxiously waiting for mine to arrive.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Going by my development of whiskers over the course of the day, this may not be a high efficiency razor (as compared to the Mühle Rocca R95, the Lupo 95 and 72, the Blackbird, and others), but, then again, I've only used it once.

It's certainly not a badly inefficient razor though.

Happy shaves,

Jim

After one shave, my thought was medium efficient.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210714_125558~2.jpg

Razor: WSC/YPM Winning Razor (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Kai (1)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Lather: Proraso Red
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Fragrance: Cuba Royal EdT Spray

As I said yesterday, the WSC/YPM Winning Razor is an interesting razor. Very reasonably priced, it provides good results and I'm sure that many DE shavers will like it a lot. For some reason, though, it hasn't "rung the bell" for me - at least so far.

Just my opinion and YMMV. :cool:

Full shave notes here:

Top Bottom