What's new

The Winner's Circle (fans of The Winning Razor)

Thursday's shave -

Razor: Yates/WSC Winning
Blade: RK Stainless (2nd use)
Pre-shave: Shave Secret
Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive cool balm (with some added menthol powder)

The Winning is still a winner for me: Somehow efficient despite being mild. Very nice shave today.

@Skin_Flint is right, a smaller, slightly thicker o-ring works better. Here is the Winning with a 9mm OD, 6mm ID, 1.5mm thick o-ring

Attachments

• Winning3.jpeg
    Winning3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Winning Wednesday -

Razor: Yates Winning
Pre-shave: Razorock pre-shave gel
Soap: WSP Blackbeard
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive cool w/some added menthol powder

The Winning provided me another high-quality and irritation-free performance today. The Winning is (or sadly, was) an excellent stainless steel razor for the price. Looking forward to seeing what other designs are going to be produced by Yates.

@StewB hey hows it going mate?

remember you being a big winning razor fan, bit of time has passed since then so was wondering what your thoughts are on the winning razor now?

Hi @saj - I still like it. It is the most efficient of my "mild" razors and is fun to shave with. I am really glad I got it before it was discontinued.

Reactions: Kix
Thought I'd drop in here to briefly share my own TWR experiences regarding mildness and efficiency.

Using identical Nacet blades, prep materials and techniques, TWR far exceeds my mint condition Gillette post-war Tech and gem-like Schick Krona in efficiency with equal or better forgiveness.

Mind you, I'm a 7months noob.

The Krona requires much more buffing, a bit more pressure (probably due to lighter weight) an no attention to angle. Despite repeated strokes after my normal two pass shave, stubble can be felt. Gladly, no blood nor irritation.

For the Tech, results are between the TWR and the Krona, but closer to the Krona than to the TWR.

Thanks for reading.

Winning Wednesday -

Razor: WSC (Yates) Winning
Blade: RK Stainless (4th/final use)
Soap: Razor Emporium Fireside
Aftershave: Proraso white (w/added menthol powder)

Another very high quality shave with the Winning today. Somehow this razor manages to be both mild and efficient.

Winning Wednesday -

Razor: WSC/Yates Winning

Still enjoying using the Winning. For me the Winning's balance of being mild yet somehow efficient just works really well for me.

I think every Wednesday is Winning Wednesday.

Razor: Winning
Blade: RK Stainless (1st use)
Soap: Henri et Victoria cognac & Cuban cigars

I'm the winner with this razor. For whatever reason this razor is great for my face and technique. Excellent smooth and irritation-free shave!

Winning Wednesday -

Razor: Winning (WSC/Yates)
Blade: RK Stainless (3rd use)
Pre-shave: 1 drop Shave Secret oil on each side of neck
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive cool (w/some added menthol powder)

The Winning is somehow efficient for me even though it's a "mild" razor. The Blackbeard soap seemed an odd scent to me at first, but it's grown on me and seems to work pretty well. The Shave Secret seems to help prevent neck irritation. Great shave this morning!

Saturday's shave -

Razor: Winning (WSC/Yates)
Blade: Tatra Platinum (1st use)
Pre-shave: 2 drops Shave Secret (1 drop for each side of neck)
Soap: Captain's Choice Italia
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive cool

Today's shave was a "wow." It was the first time I used a Tatra Platinum blade and the results were excellent. I don't know how, but the Winning has the best efficiency of any mild razor I have used. The "autopilot" shaving angle is "just right" for me, somehow!

For today's Winning Wednesday shave I used a Tatra Platinum blade (4th/final use). Pre-shave was Razorock pre-shave gel, and for lather I used Godrej Cinthol cream. This cream made a nice lather with a damp brush. Excellent shave today!

Winning Wednesday, the day before the Thanksgiving holiday -

Pre-shave: Shave Secret (for neck)
Cream: Godrej Cinthol

I'm still a winner with the Winning. As I gain DE shaving experience, I'm still impressed with the efficiency of this razor despite it being "mild."

If you're not familiar with the Winning razor, Yates manufactured it for the Wet Shaving Club from 2021 through 2022. Sadly the Winning razor was discontinued in favor of the 'Merica razor (also good and manufactured by Yates). Some have compared the Winning to the Henson, but in my opinion the Winning is superior. I recommend picking up a used one if you have the opportunity!

Winning Wednesday, the day before the Thanksgiving holiday -

Pre-shave: Shave Secret (for neck)
Cream: Godrej Cinthol

I'm still a winner with the Winning. As I gain DE shaving experience, I'm still impressed with the efficiency of this razor despite it being "mild."

If you're not familiar with the Winning razor, Yates manufactured it for the Wet Shaving Club from 2021 through 2022. Sadly the Winning razor was discontinued in favor of the 'Merica razor (also good and manufactured by Yates). Some have compared the Winning to the Henson, but in my opinion the Winning is superior. I recommend picking up a used one if you have the opportunity!
Thanks for the shave report @StewB . :thumbup1:
I need to use my Winning in the next few days. It's been quite a while since I used it. That's the problem with having too many razors!

Winning Wednesday -

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2nd use)
Pre-shave: 2 drops Shave Secret (one drop for each side of my neck)
Cream: Palmolive classic (red tube)
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive cool (w/some added menthol powder)

As usual: Excellent, smooth, close, and irritation-free shave!

This Saturday I washed my face in the shower with shampoo to see if this had an effect on the shave...

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (4th/final use)
Pre-shave: Washed face in shower with shampoo; also used a couple drops of Shave Secret on neck
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Razor Emporium Fireside
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool (with some menthol powder)

Today's shave was a definite "wow." I'm thinking the shampoo helped. LOTH rated the post-shave feel as a "12 out of 10". Excellent, irritation-free, smooth, and BBS shave!

Top Bottom