What's new

The winds have changed...

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
My tobacco preferences change all the time, often unpredictably. This week I've made a mysterious shift toward Virginia...and at the end of summer 🤔. This would typically be the time of year I'd be reaching for English more often and I oddly haven't touched any in weeks.

As I write this I am enjoying some Salty Dogs and I have to say, it's been too long since smoked this blend. I have several pouches cellared and I'm glad for it.

Is anyone else baffled by their choices and yet pleasantly surprised? Maybe it's this darned new "normal" we are all getting used to?

It all changes.... Once it frosts you may you like your English again. I enjoy VaPer year round. Same with Virginia. Outside, I want some Lat. Usually. DE Kentucky Dark Fired cigars fit well too. Candela wrapped when the mood hits.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I don’t seem to be seasonally affected but more of a time of day. In the morning I like a good straight burley with my coffee, midday maybe a Virginia - something bright and tart like the Troost I’m having at the moment and the evening depends on my mood. English could happen at any time and heavy aromatics never and I keep some Erinmore to remind me why.

My tastes vary more with the time of the day too. There are supposed to be 3 seasons in Thailand but they're all much the same to me. There's a bit more rain in the rainy season and it gets a bit nippy early in the morning during the cold season but for an Englishman, every day could pass for a beautiful summer's day.

I used to like EMP in the morning because I'm a sucker for advertising but I'm having a rest from it at the moment. Five Brothers is a good morning blend for me because I need a hit of nicotine with my coffee.

War Horse is nice last thing at night, and Nichtcap is too. More nicotine again, but with more intense flavours.

During the day anything goes really but if I'm going to smoke CH, PA or maybe 7 Seas, it will probably be during the day sometime. Hyde Park is any time of day as was Royal Yacht but I can't get hold of that at the moment.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My tobacco preferences change all the time, often unpredictably. This week I've made a mysterious shift toward Virginia...and at the end of summer 🤔. This would typically be the time of year I'd be reaching for English more often and I oddly haven't touched any in weeks.

As I write this I am enjoying some Salty Dogs and I have to say, it's been too long since smoked this blend. I have several pouches cellared and I'm glad for it.

Is anyone else baffled by their choices and yet pleasantly surprised? Maybe it's this darned new "normal" we are all getting used to?

It happens all the time. It's like the Scotch or Bourbon drinker who develops a hankering for Bloody Marys or Martinis.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Just enjoy yourself. Maybe it will become a long-term tobacco mistress as opposed to a late summer fling.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
It happens all the time. It's like the Scotch or Bourbon drinker who develops a hankering for Bloody Marys or Martinis.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Just enjoy yourself. Maybe it will become a long-term tobacco mistress as opposed to a late summer fling.
Oh I'm not worried about it. I just think it's interesting. As I write this I'm smoking some Maltese Falcon, a really good English. Always fluctuating.

Top Bottom