What's new

The Wilkinson Sword ‘Sticky’

Now I own two examples of this razor both bought from EBay each for far less than the usual prices you see on there.

For anyone who has shaved with a sticky you’ll know just how angle sensitive this razor is. Get it in the sweet spot and you can expect an acceptable shave, get it wrong and it’s lest than satisfactory.

What I really cannot understand is why the sticky is so expensive and sought after. Compare it to a Gillette slim twist or a Gillette Tech both of which are much easier to find and at much more reasonable prices. More importantly both are much less angle sensitive and are capable of delivering genuine BBS shaves.

So whilst I acknowledge it’s always a case of YMMV. What do you all think? Is the Wilkinson over rated or is its reputation and high prices justified by its rarity?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Any chance of a photo so we can see what the razor looks like? If it is what I think it is, it is similar to a Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Here you go

Attachments

• 8F9B3777-46D5-4A9A-A51F-C53483F82C02.jpeg
    8F9B3777-46D5-4A9A-A51F-C53483F82C02.jpeg
    846 KB · Views: 57
R

romsitsa

Decent ones are rather hard to find. Looks good, doesn't feel cheap. Shaves are not worse than with other non adjustable tto-s (imho). It's sticky.

Adam

Now I own two examples of this razor both bought from EBay each for far less than the usual prices you see on there.

For anyone who has shaved with a sticky you’ll know just how angle sensitive this razor is. Get it in the sweet spot and you can expect an acceptable shave, get it wrong and it’s lest than satisfactory.

What I really cannot understand is why the sticky is so expensive and sought after. Compare it to a Gillette slim twist or a Gillette Tech both of which are much easier to find and at much more reasonable prices. More importantly both are much less angle sensitive and are capable of delivering genuine BBS shaves.

So whilst I acknowledge it’s always a case of YMMV. What do you all think? Is the Wilkinson over rated or is its reputation and high prices justified by its rarity?

Well, it appears to be a designer product and won awards for its design, so I'd guess the high prices are based on demand for artistic purposes rather than its actual function as a razor.

Top Bottom