What's new

The Wife's Birthday Present: Guerlain Mitsuoko or L'Heure Bleue?

I will defer to the expertise of the cologne forum posters here. I've read up on both at basenotes, and they seem to be on equal footing there.

I think, whatever the case, that I'll take my wife to Nieman Marcus this week to hopefully smell both fragrances. This will be her first classic fragrance and I want to do it right.

Thanks in advance.

If you're planning on letting her smell them first, why restrict it to only those two? Please consider letting her smell/try the whole bunch, and see which one she likes best. It's a lot safer than buying one solely because it's a classic and then having to hope like crazy it will work well with her skin chemistry. A classic name is nice, but having a scent that she loves and works well on her, even if it's not necessarily the name you wanted, will definitely be nicer in the long run.

If you're planning on letting her smell them first, why restrict it to only those two? Please consider letting her smell/try the whole bunch, and see which one she likes best. It's a lot safer than buying one solely because it's a classic and then having to hope like crazy it will work well with her skin chemistry. A classic name is nice, but having a scent that she loves and works well on her, even if it's not necessarily the name you wanted, will definitely be nicer in the long run.

+1

I think it's great to have a purpose and try those classic Guerlain fragrances, but let her sample away too. We're all finicky when it comes to these scents.

Ahh Shalimar! My wife used to lightly scent her letters to me when we were on summer break in college - drove me wild! Let's see you do THAT with email!!

Dave

Top Bottom