What's new

The Weishi Adjustable.

Does anyone else have one yet? if you do check the blade gap when you open to highest setting. Mine is not even along the length of the safety bar, one side is cocked up higher, and its the blade try itself that's the culprit. Both sides of one half of the razor are off, no matter how many times you try to do the spring reset maneuver.

Did the Parthnenon have a similar issue?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think there may have been a thread on this earlier on. Show is some photos if you can as I was interested in this razor.

20180727_231342.jpg 20180727_231429.jpg 20180727_231631.jpg 20180727_231806.jpg 20180727_231955.jpg 20180727_232057.jpg 20180727_232216.jpg ok some pics,
ok, so here are some pics of it, I really worked at it to try to get the blade gap even, in the first 2 pics it is next to the Vikings Blade Crusader and the Gillette Slim, for size comparisons. It's might just be mine that has an uneven gap issue.
other things about it upon first looks are the adjustment dial is proper, not to lose or to tight, the TTO doors work smooth weight feels good 92 grams or 3.2 oz.
The matte black finish is a pretty cool look. The grip is good ive held better, but for $33 bucks, c'mon what are you expecting. I don't think I would use it at the highest settings, but for a travel adjustable it might not be bad...

Last edited:
...but for $33 bucks, c'mon what are you expecting. I don't think I would use it at the highest settings, but for a travel adjustable it might not be bad...
I personally expect everyone who wants an adjustable to buy a decent vintage Gillette Slim for less money
Much better quality than this Weishi.

I personally expect everyone who wants an adjustable to buy a decent vintage Gillette Slim for less money
Much better quality than this Weishi.
well then judging by the numerous posts of people buying adjustables made by companies other than Gillette you would have been wrong. See people want to find other things, explore, experience new things. Don't get me wrong the slim is a great razor I own 2 of them, but who says I need to stop there?
Do you own a "this weishi", or are you just making assumptions?

Making an assumption, no need to own it.
Had a Slim a long time ago but got rid of. Adjustables are not for me, I find no advantage over the regular DE razors.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have the Parthenon model and there is almost no blade support so at any setting the blades chatter. It's one razor I simply find unusable.

Making an assumption, no need to own it.
Had a Slim a long time ago but got rid of. Adjustables are not for me, I find no advantage over the regular DE razors.
Ive got various vintage Gillettes, as well as various Weishis and Bailis (which are based on the Super Speeds and Techs) and the quality is the same. Vintage Gillettes are cool but the assumption that they are better than any of these new Chinese clones is flawed at best, not to mention you wont touch a flawless vintage Gillette for what you can get a Weishi/Baili.

First shave with the Weishi adjustable on setting 5 and it was a good shave. I did notice that on the higher settings there is a bit of uneven blade exposure and blade gap though. At 1-4 it's fine but above that you run into issues.
I had no issues with clogging though. All in all, I'm going to call this a swing and a miss by Weishi. I think they could have a winner on their hands if they perfect it but I think the general looseness of the fit and finish is something they will need to address.

Top Bottom