What's new

The Veg: Am I chosen?

You are THE MAN!! I think you might even be chosen among the chosen. We are witnessing the birth of a legend, right in front of us. A legend that smells of fresh LILACS and NOT death or cat urine!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
From fake Basenotes:

The Veg

Top notes: Satin pillow, formaldehyde

Middle notes: Feminine Deodorant Spray (FDS), old clothes, lawn clippings, bodies-of-enemy

Base notes: Urinal cake, aldehydes, decay, chemical spill, fake flower smell

Just kidding. John Wayne wore it; Hungarian cavalry- those brave fellows!- wore it; many among us wear it with pride.

And it helps pay the light bill at Pinaud, which creates other greats such as CLUBMAN and SPECIAL RESERVE.

AA

From fake Basenotes:

The Veg

Top notes: Satin pillow, formaldehyde

Middle notes: Feminine Deodorant Spray (FDS), old clothes, lawn clippings, bodies-of-enemy

Base notes: Urinal cake, aldehydes, decay, chemical spill, fake flower smell

Just kidding. John Wayne wore it; Hungarian cavalry- those brave fellows!- wore it; many among us wear it with pride.

And it helps pay the light bill at Pinaud, which creates other greats such as CLUBMAN and SPECIAL RESERVE.

AA

Love the fake basenotes breakdown! I've been trying to recreate a Woodhue based on the basenotes list and my limited childhood memories.

Maybe my love for The Veg has something to do with the fact that I am 1/2 Hungarian??
I can now say that I have tried Clubman, SR, Lime Sec, Veg and Vanilla. I love and use them all... but I think the Veg is battling with SR right now for First Place in the lineup.
I look forward to including the rest of the Pinaud AS's to my collection.

I likewise bought a bottle earlier this month at Atlanta Barber & Beauty Supply while in Atlanta. Like the OP, I had an insatiable curiosity to experience the scent first hand and learn if I were Chosen.

Well, after 2-3 applications, I assume that I am Chosen because I don't get the cat urine vibe.

So far, I really don't care for the scent and I may PIF the stuff. Is that heresy?

I think I'll give it a few more applications and then make a final decision.

I likewise bought a bottle earlier this month at Atlanta Barber & Beauty Supply while in Atlanta. Like the OP, I had an insatiable curiosity to experience the scent first hand and learn if I were Chosen.

Well, after 2-3 applications, I assume that I am Chosen because I don't get the cat urine vibe.

So far, I really don't care for the scent and I may PIF the stuff. Is that heresy?

I think I'll give it a few more applications and then make a final decision.
Whatever you do, don't waste a single drop of that sweet smelling nectar!
After this mornings shave, I again applied a liberal amount of the Veg. A couple hours later, I had to go outside and all I could smell was the lilac bushes were in full bloom. The smell was heavenly! Funny thing is, there isn't a lilac bush within 5 miles... it was my AS.

I purchased a bottle a back in February and am still feeling nauseous after one very minor application. The bottle is still on top of the cabinet. I'm surprised it hasn't eaten through the plastic bottle and destroyed my bathroom in a fashion similar to Jessie Pinkman's bathtub.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I purchased a bottle a back in February and am still feeling nauseous after one very minor application. The bottle is still on top of the cabinet. I'm surprised it hasn't eaten through the plastic bottle and destroyed my bathroom in a fashion similar to Jessie Pinkman's bathtub.

Think of Pandora's Box. As with all things evil, it's simply biding its time; waiting for the curious or unwise to twist that plastic cap off ...

AA

Congrats to all that are Chosen!!

I, however, was not.

I tried it last Saturday. Initial smell to me was of dirty cat litter box, it was all I could do not to wash it off immediately. I've read enough to know that the scent will settle down so I stuck it out for a while. And it did change, mellowing out to a urinal puck scent. I had to wash after about 30 minutes but I was already done in. Ended up with a splitting headache and spending most of Saturday in bed.

Ah well, I still have the Classic and Special Reserve to fall back on.

I am among the Un-chosen. I fall into the cat urine category. I found a bottle at a Rite-Aid in Seattle 10 years ago (it was the weekend of the VERY last Seattle Supersonics home game- vs Houston - I took my son to the game). I put some on my hand to try it - and spent the entire game trying to get away from my hand....I washed it over and over during half time..... It was not a good experience.

I salute those who can achieve non-urinal old ladies feminine hygiene product vibe.... The chosen few.

My wife and 18 year old "trendy" daughter both LOVE the scent of the Veg! My daughter wants me to pick up a bottle of the Veg for her boy friend too. Now that makes me feel that this stuff isn't just for "old men."

I love shaving with a rose scented shave cream now and then, Thayer's rose witch hazel and ending it with some lilac aka: the veg.

Top Bottom