What's new

The Vector is Blacklands best razor.

Working on it. We're dealing with secondary COVID effects on supply. Raw materials are hard to come by and demand for manufacturing is through the roof. So we're juggling projects and trying to find a way to get these machined asap.
Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply sir! Patience is a virtue right?

keep an eye on the BST and the Shave Bazaar on Reddit. I’ve seen them pop up a couple at least each week.
I just missed out on the last one that went up on the BST, I was hoping to purchase directly from Shane to reward the hard work and innovation. And on the off chance I didn’t fall in love with it, I’d be able to return it. But of course, he was sold out a couple days before I was ready to pull the trigger. 🤦‍♂️

I just missed out on the last one that went up on the BST, I was hoping to purchase directly from Shane to reward the hard work and innovation. And on the off chance I didn’t fall in love with it, I’d be able to return it. But of course, he was sold out a couple days before I was ready to pull the trigger. 🤦‍♂️

Don't worry about me! If you see a good deal, snag it. Especially if we can't keep them stocked. Supporting the secondary market supports us eventually. You should be able to unload it for around what you paid since nobody has them stocked.

keep an eye on the BST and the Shave Bazaar on Reddit. I’ve seen them pop up a couple at least each week.
Wow, that's enabling!! :thumbup1:
It's possible/probable that titanium Vectors will be ready before the stainless. So that should be interesting.
To quote Mr. Sulu's actor, "Oh, my!" Shane, I'm trying to save for the Era!! :laugh:
Don't worry about me! If you see a good deal, snag it. Especially if we can't keep them stocked. Supporting the secondary market supports us eventually. You should be able to unload it for around what you paid since nobody has them stocked.
And that is why I will support Blackland and not buy a knock-off!! Well said, @Blackland Razors!

@Blackland Razors Shane, can you pls share what the weight of Vector Ti is (going to be)?
It's definitely going to be light, but I don't think it will be too absurd. It should be around 42g which is in the ballpark of aluminum DEs. The head should be <10g which is wild. It could be too light for some, but that's not a problem because you can just buy the stainless version instead.

Last week, for the first time ever, a customer returned a Vector for being too heavy. So the Vector Ti should have at least one fan.
I know you didn’t ask me, but I found it. Sounds impressive!

I got the replacement SB plate yesterday and gave it a go this morning. The SB with a Captain Mild was very smooth and comfortable. The blade already had 3 uses on it so it's hard to tell after just the one shave, but I'd say my initial thought is that the SB is a little less aggressive than the OC. I also noticed that I could use a much steeper/natural angle with the SB, whereas the OC seems to do much better with a shallower angle.

It's been a struggle lately having to choose between the Vector or Ti Blackbird. Both razors intrigue me because they are both such a departure from what I typically use. I guess there's no harm in switching back and forth as I continue to experiment with each.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I got the replacement SB plate yesterday and gave it a go this morning. The SB with a Captain Mild was very smooth and comfortable. The blade already had 3 uses on it so it's hard to tell after just the one shave, but I'd say my initial thought is that the SB is a little less aggressive than the OC. I also noticed that I could use a much steeper/natural angle with the SB, whereas the OC seems to do much better with a shallower angle.

It's been a struggle lately having to choose between the Vector or Ti Blackbird. Both razors intrigue me because they are both such a departure from what I typically use. I guess there's no harm in switching back and forth as I continue to experiment with each.

I feel your pain. ;)

Many thanks, due to my nonexistent Spanish skills these guys didn’t pop up in my search.
@Multum in parvo, neither have they in mine.

It was actually Shane @Blackland Razors who suggested them, as one of his EU retailers. So, I've got my Vector from them, both plates + the stand, with a bit of discount (compared to prices quoted on the website).

And no worries, the guy who runs the shop, Manuel, speaks quite good English.

@Multum in parvo, neither have they in mine.

It was actually Shane @Blackland Razors who suggested them, as one of his EU retailers. So, I've got my Vector from them, both plates + the stand, with a bit of discount (compared to prices quoted on the website).

And no worries, the guy who runs the shop, Manuel, speaks quite good English.
Then I will email Manuel for a bundle price should the deal with the polished one fall through. Are you using the plates alternately or have you settled for one favorite?

Then I will email Manuel for a bundle price should the deal with the polished one fall through. Are you using the plates alternately or have you settled for one favorite?
I started with SB, then switched to OC, which gives me smoother, better shaves. I guess it has to do a lot with technique and is YMMV thing.

I use extremely shallow angle, holding the handle at literally 90 degrees against the skin on all 3 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG), with blade barely catching hair. It takes some time to develop the feel for this, but once you have, it provides a superb shave. I do have to say that Vector requires special technique, due to head's geometry and ultra light weight. You need to apply some pressure, to "drive" the razor, as the weight alone won't do the job. Again, a lot of YMMV depending on one's facial hair strength, thickness, density and growth pattern. Mine warrants buffing and repetitive strokes to achieve BBS and for that I find the OC superb.

I agree, it’s certainly worth getting both. For me the OC gets a bit closer, but the SB is a bit smoother and more comfortable. That’s not to say the OC isn’t also extremely smooth and comfortable or the SB won’t give you a perfectly suitable close shave. Just the slight nuanced difference between the 2.

Top Bottom