What's new

The Vector is Blacklands best razor.

Finally got the first shave in with the Vector OC and now I’m in quite the conundrum. I fully intended to order a Ti Blackbird when they are released in a few minutes, and now I’m not so sure. In 7+ years of DE shaving I don’t think I’ve ever had as close of a shave as what I just got with the Vector. At least not without extreme amounts of razor burn and irritation.
I went with a Kai Captain mild for the first go. Next I think I’ll give the Proline a try to see how the sharper blade works for me. Initial impressions are extremely favorable.

Finally got the first shave in with the Vector OC and now I’m in quite the conundrum. I fully intended to order a Ti Blackbird when they are released in a few minutes, and now I’m not so sure. In 7+ years of DE shaving I don’t think I’ve ever had as close of a shave as what I just got with the Vector. At least not without extreme amounts of razor burn and irritation.
I went with a Kai Captain mild for the first go. Next I think I’ll give the Proline a try to see how the sharper blade works for me. Initial impressions are extremely favorable.
Awesome! The Blackland Razors Vector is a truly special razor. I’m not surprised by your first shave results. It just gets better as you dial it in and find your favorite blade pairing(s).

So... I normally get about 3-4 hours out of a “BBS” shave. 9 hours after shaving with the Vector earlier, and I’m just now starting to feel stubble under my jawline. Interesting.

Also, I decided to go ahead and order the Ti Blackbird because I know I’d always be curious if I didn’t. Pretty glad since they are already sold out. While I was at it I also ordered the SB plate and stand for the Vector.

How frequently does the vector come back in stock? I’ve been randomly checking their website every few months and it’s always out of stock, but seems like people have ordered one fairly recently. Maybe I need to check back more frequently.
The vector has been the one I’m looking for but ended up ordering the Sabre and the brass razor last night cause....well cause I’ve been itching for a new razor (or two) for quite a while. Just couldn’t wait for the vector any longer.

How frequently does the vector come back in stock? I’ve been randomly checking their website every few months and it’s always out of stock, but seems like people have ordered one fairly recently. Maybe I need to check back more frequently.
The vector has been the one I’m looking for but ended up ordering the Sabre and the brass razor last night cause....well cause I’ve been itching for a new razor (or two) for quite a while. Just couldn’t wait for the vector any longer.
I could happily stay with only the Vector and the Sabre, love them both! I bought both plates for the Sabre. How about you?
And of course, we will be awaiting your first impressions!

Reactions: GNR
So... I normally get about 3-4 hours out of a “BBS” shave. 9 hours after shaving with the Vector earlier, and I’m just now starting to feel stubble under my jawline. Interesting.

Also, I decided to go ahead and order the Ti Blackbird because I know I’d always be curious if I didn’t. Pretty glad since they are already sold out. While I was at it I also ordered the SB plate and stand for the Vector.
I was just the opposite, I got the SB Vector off the BST in December, and just recently ordered the stand and open comb plate!

You’re exhibition of the B&B spirit is an example to all!

[
I’ll echo @MaineYooper regarding the Sabre and Vector. These are my two favorite razors. They shave differently but both provide amazing results. Wish you the best on the Vector search and look forward to your thoughts on the Sabre.

Shave 2 today but I used a Schick Proline instead of the Kai Captain Mild. I didn’t feel like the Proline felt as sharp or smooth as the Kai, which is contrary to what I’ve read about most people’s opinions. Either way, still got a great result with the razor even though the blade created some tugging in certain areas.
Next I’ll give the Protouch MG a try since I’ve never used a guarded blade in any razor before and I’m curious.

Shave 2 today but I used a Schick Proline instead of the Kai Captain Mild. I didn’t feel like the Proline felt as sharp or smooth as the Kai, which is contrary to what I’ve read about most people’s opinions. Either way, still got a great result with the razor even though the blade created some tugging in certain areas.
Next I’ll give the Protouch MG a try since I’ve never used a guarded blade in any razor before and I’m curious.
My first use of a Schick Proline felt a little tuggy. I started to question the blade and my technique...then I took a moment to breathe. I’ve been using the same “tuggy Schick Proline” for every Vector shave since then. I think it was a combination of comparing it to a different blade that I had grown used to and the blade smoothed out. I’d recommend giving it another couple shaves before swapping. Good luck!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210516_132946~2.jpg

My first use of a Schick Proline felt a little tuggy. I started to question the blade and my technique...then I took a moment to breathe. I’ve been using the same “tuggy Schick Proline” for every Vector shave since then. I think it was a combination of comparing it to a different blade that I had grown used to and the blade smoothed out. I’d recommend giving it another couple shaves before swapping. Good luck!

So far I've used a Proline for all six of my Vector shaves. All were very good shaves but one. That being said, I'm interested in trying several different things next, all of which I have in my stash:

--a Proguard, since I've used several of them in a Feather
--a Feather Pro Super, to see how far it turns up the aggression factor
--a Kai Captain Mild, as I've liked those in the Feather as well

Choices, choices!

So far I've used a Proline for all six of my Vector shaves. All were very good shaves but one. That being said, I'm interested in trying several different things next, all of which I have in my stash:

--a Proguard, since I've used several of them in a Feather
--a Feather Pro Super, to see how far it turns up the aggression factor
--a Kai Captain Mild, as I've liked those in the Feather as well

Choices, choices!
I find the regular Feather Professional to be nothing short of sensational. Just sayin'...

Third shave with the Vector today. I went back to the Kai Pink instead of trying the Protouch. Also received a pack of Feather Pro today so I’ll give those a shot in a few days. I received a H&S titanium Z074 today so want to try that out tomorrow and see how it compares to the shaves I’ve been getting from the Vector as well as my current top DE, the Timeless Ti .68OC. For now, here’s my picture contribution to this thread.

proxy.php

Nil is the only one I use anymore. This is the “premium” she made for me using the goat milk formula. I think I slightly prefer the original Nil actually but both are excellent. The brush is a Grizzly Bay handle and I set in a 26mm Quarter Moon knot from Turn N Shave.
Mike's Natural Soap Unscented is one of the other 3. Great soap, like Nil, great price, and no fiddling to get a great lather. I try other soaps, but always find Nil, Mike's, and Mystic Water Soap Sensitive Skin to be tops for me.

My tub of Nil has a large hole in the bottom! Soon I will be placing another order.

I will check out the handle and knot, as I don't know much about them. Thanks for the info!

Mike's Natural Soap Unscented is one of the other 3. Great soap, like Nil, great price, and no fiddling to get a great lather. I try other soaps, but always find Nil, Mike's, and Mystic Water Soap Sensitive Skin to be tops for me.

My tub of Nil has a large hole in the bottom! Soon I will be placing another order.

I will check out the handle and knot, as I don't know much about them. Thanks for the info!

Not to derail this thread too much, but I used Mikes and Mystic Waters Sensitive for a while as well. MW is my 2nd favorite but I find the Shannon’s to be just a little easier to get a consistent lather and slightly more slick. I guess on a related note, SE seem to do really well with slick lather so there ya go haha!

I honestly am very excited to try the hawk. What blades have you used in it so far in the Hawk and how you found them? I think it's parallel topic to this razor and as they take the same blades as the Vector don't they? (I don't want to hijack) I would also like to know what blades that the OPs author prefers in the Vector @NoScrubs? Thank you.

Yes the cost of the vector is very high and especially if you want the stand. I don't like that it's made out of 303 steel as it is such a well regarded razor. If I buy another razor, it won't be until next year and this is top on my list at the moment as in no.1. I have too many razors already and need to off load many of them before considering this. After reading the OPs experience, it seems to hit the mark. I have very cheap razors that I enjoy too but love trying new things.

A little late to the party on this but speaking of the Hawk. I have a V2 Hawk and its a pretty good razor its extremely light and handles almost like an injector razor. It will serve you well.

Top Bottom