What's new

The Vector is Blacklands best razor.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
You should receive a welcome email when you sign up for our newsletter. If you signed up for that a while ago you may not receive it so just use the code Welcome2024 for 10% off your first order.

Nothing wrong with the Hawk. The Vector is better, but the Hawk is a great bang for your buck.
Thank you very much.

Sadly, the 10% discount was too much to resist… I ordered not only a Vector, but also a Blackbird.

Your recommendation is Lab Blues? I have a couple hundred of them in my cabinet. They didn’t work well in my Rocca, but, I can’t wait to try them in your Blackbird.

Thank you very much.

Sadly, the 10% discount was too much to resist… I ordered not only a Vector, but also a Blackbird.

Your recommendation is Lab Blues? I have a couple hundred of them in my cabinet. They didn’t work well in my Rocca, but, I can’t wait to try them in your Blackbird.

I don't know if you were aware of this but the Vector Lite is going to be released today in less than half an hour:

edit: actually the listing seems to be live already but it's not available until the release time.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't know if you were aware of this but the Vector Lite is going to be released today in less than half an hour:

edit: actually the listing seems to be live already but it's not available until the release time.

I just checked.... The Lite is available in polish finish now.... the other two finishes have the "add to cart" greyed out.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto

Thanks, mate,

I had seen this was coming, but, I prefer a more aggressive razor. I think I saw that the base plate will be sold separately, so, I can order that if needed.

cheers!

I wanted to love the original Vector, but it simply had more blade feel than I like. I'm definitely wanting to try the Vector Lite!

Thank you very much.

Thanks for your order!

We don't recommend any specific blade with our razors, but we do ship them with Lab Blues because they are solid blades made in the USA. As you begin with your new Blackbird (or any razor), you'll want to start with a blade that you already know and love for the first five shaves or so. Then once you have the technique down, it's time to start experimenting. In a day or so you should receive an email about how to best use your new Blackbird that includes tips like this.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Curiosity, if any of you travel with a Vector, what travel case (pref.leather) do you use? I think the ends of the head will be exposed with any of my sleeve type cases. I used to have a Parker zip case, but I can’t locate it.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Thanks for your order!

We don't recommend any specific blade with our razors, but we do ship them with Lab Blues because they are solid blades made in the USA. As you begin with your new Blackbird (or any razor), you'll want to start with a blade that you already know and love for the first five shaves or so. Then once you have the technique down, it's time to start experimenting. In a day or so you should receive an email about how to best use your new Blackbird that includes tips like this.
Brilliant!

Cheers, mate.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Curiosity, if any of you travel with a Vector, what travel case (pref.leather) do you use? I think the ends of the head will be exposed with any of my sleeve type cases. I used to have a Parker zip case, but I can’t locate it.
I wish I could direct you to the ATT leather razor travel roll. I use mine every time we travel. Maybe Blackland will bring them back when they reintroduce the brand.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I wish I could direct you to the ATT leather razor travel roll. I use mine every time we travel. Maybe Blackland will bring them back when they reintroduce the brand.

Captains Choice has a leather brush role, as well as a leather razor head cover. Could be an option?

1707386745876.png

1707386787577.png

Thanks for this. I can certainly live with a $0.10 per shave cost.

If I may ask a question, the one thing holding me up from placing an order for a Vector on your website is my concern of durability. I spent 35+ years in the CNC machining environment, and, to me, the rectangular stud appears to be a point of weakness (either due to misalignment during assembly or simply the reduced size/limited thread engagement). I know you offer a lifetime warranty, but, I hate the idea of it breaking and having to go through the replacement process.
I've owned two Vectors and I have never cross-threaded mine. However, it definitely feels like it could happen and, while I am always careful with my gear, I am much more careful with the Vector, especially the first few turns of the handle when putting it together.

I've owned two Vectors and I have never cross-threaded mine. However, it definitely feels like it could happen and, while I am always careful with my gear, I am much more careful with the Vector, especially the first few turns of the handle when putting it together.

Always a good idea to be careful, especially when the razor is new to you. The first few times assembling can be a bit tricky to line everything up, but after doing it enough times you can eventually do it in the dark.

When I first got my Vector, I found that cross threading the handle was the first thing that I had to watch out for. It seemed like the razor head, post and handle didn't align themselves like I expected. No problems now but I'm still watchful when screwing everything back together.

I've only had one shave with the Vector Lite, but it looks really good so far. I got a pretty good shave with a Kai Protouch MG, and will be trying a Schick Proline and the Feather Professionals when they come in Weds. I had previously bought then returned the original Vector, gave it another try and bought it again only to put it on BST a couple weeks later. The Lite will be a keeper and will likely supplant the Karve Overlander as my daily shaver.

Second shave with the Vector Lite, this time with a Schick Proline. As I suspected, unlike the original Vector the Lite plate does not benefit from or need guarded blades. The shave was excellent, as good or better than any shave I got from the ATT X1 Slant. For this shave, I went steeper like I would have with the X1. I even shaved one side plus the neck against the grain with great results and no nicks.

Put simply, this is what I wanted the Vector to be when I first tried it (twice). I feel very safe saying that if you liked the ATT X1 Slant, you'll absolutely love the Vector Lite. In fact, if you like other DE mild razors like the Gillette Tech, Karve Overlander or Razorock Lupo then you'll love the Lite. I really do hate to sound like I'm gushing, but I think I've finally found my Goldilocks razor.

Top Bottom