What's new

The Varlet

I decided to order the shaving brush The Varlet.
It is clear that expensive, but no more expensive than Sebum Blue))
I made an order on the website of The Varlet and then wrote Aldo. Aldo kindly replied that he would do everything possible to fulfill the order.

What shaving brush and with what additional options is better (density, knot, handle, copper insert, polishing etc.)?

Gentlemen, I will be very grateful for your comments and your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have five of them, all different shapes. None of them are customs, though I have a custom order that will be made in the next round (29mm Cauldron). Out of all of them, my favorite knot is the 29mm in traditional density (not XD). I like the XD too, but not as much as the regular density knot.Of the five shapes I have tried, the Ranger is the most comfortable, followed by the Orion. I like the look of the beehive the most. None of them are uncomfortable or awkward to hold, but the Ranger and the Orion stand out as the two most comfortable handles.

I made an order on the site around June 18. On June 25, Aldo wrote (politely) asking him to confirm the possibility of completing my order in the feedback form on the site.
A few days later, Aldo replied that he would do everything possible to fulfill my order.
I hope everything will be OK.

My personal favorite is the Ranger 27mm in the Alpine hair. I was unaware that Aldo was offering different densities now, so I’m assuming both of my two Rangers are standard density. However, the one in black has slightly less backbone likely owing to it being a fan knot shape with what looks like a slightly higher loft than the white one. The white one also has more of a fan/bulb hybrid knot shape. I agree with the previous poster pork that the Ranger has the most comfortable handle. Of the two it would be a coin toss as to which I prefer more, since they are both excellent.

I have five of them, all different shapes. None of them are customs, though I have a custom order that will be made in the next round (29mm Cauldron). Out of all of them, my favorite knot is the 29mm in traditional density (not XD). I like the XD too, but not as much as the regular density knot.Of the five shapes I have tried, the Ranger is the most comfortable, followed by the Orion. I like the look of the beehive the most. None of them are uncomfortable or awkward to hold, but the Ranger and the Orion stand out as the two most comfortable handles.
have you also tried the 27mm Varlet knot? any comparison with 29mm? im thinking of joining the list but not sure if I should go 27 or 29.

How does the quality compare to Rudy Vey here that I read so much reviews about?
The prices paid?

It's an unfair comparison. Rudy makes handles and sets a knot. You can have him use a $40 TGN Finest knot or a $100+ Shavemac knot.

Varlet makes his handles and hand ties (makes) his own knots.

can anyone chime in how comfortable/ergonomic the varlet beehive is? im between ranger and beehive (but prefer the looks of the beehive)

have you also tried the 27mm Varlet knot? any comparison with 29mm? im thinking of joining the list but not sure if I should go 27 or 29.

I have a 27 XD Ranger fan and a 27 reg density Gaslamp hybrid knot. 27mm XD has about the same footprint at the 29 reg density. 29 XD fan was a little too big for me. 27 XD or 29 reg are great. I like them all.

I have a 27 XD Ranger fan and a 27 reg density Gaslamp hybrid knot. 27mm XD has about the same footprint at the 29 reg density. 29 XD fan was a little too big for me. 27 XD or 29 reg are great. I like them all.
I went reg 29mm. Aldo already sent me a message to confirm he received the request and will be working with me in the upcoming weeks. Super Excited!

Top Bottom