What's new

The value of a great shave.....

Two months ago I experienced a minor heart attack and had to go for an angiogram yesterday. Needless to say, I was completely stressed out. I received some good news from the doctors and went to bed a very thankful man.

This morning I got up a little later and as I was to enjoy my morning shower the doorbell rang. It was my delivery of Taylor's Avocado and Sandelwood creams I had ordered from The Gentleman's Shop. I opened the parcel with the same excitement a kid would open his/her birthday gifts.

I enjoyed my shower, lathered the Taylor's Avocado, popped a brand new Tesco blade in my Gillette Super Speed and ...boy oh boy.....I had the shave of my life.

Today everything had new meaning to me. Just to be able to wake up to a new day, to be able to shave, to have friends and family who care and to be alive, makes life wothy of living.

Thank you all wetshavers for advising me on products, technique, the do's and dont's of wetshaving and helping me to enjoy wonderful shaves. Shaving and life has new meaning to me....

Bunker950 said:
Two months ago I experienced a minor heart attack and had to go for an angiogram yesterday. Needless to say, I was completely stressed out. I received some good news from the doctors and went to bed a very thankful man.

This morning I got up a little later and as I was to enjoy my morning shower the doorbell rang. It was my delivery of Taylor's Avocado and Sandelwood creams I had ordered from The Gentleman's Shop. I opened the parcel with the same excitement a kid would open his/her birthday gifts.

I enjoyed my shower, lathered the Taylor's Avocado, popped a brand new Tesco blade in my Gillette Super Speed and ...boy oh boy.....I had the shave of my life.

Today everything had new meaning to me. Just to be able to wake up to a new day, to be able to shave, to have friends and family who care and to be alive, makes life wothy of living.

Thank you all wetshavers for advising me on products, technique, the do's and dont's of wetshaving and helping me to enjoy wonderful shaves. Shaving and life has new meaning to me....

Congrats on the good news.

Wet shaving really does help us slow down and appreciate the little things.:001_smile

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Keeps things in perspective, doesn't it.

Glad to hear the good news.

Wow, and I thought I was enjoying my shaves!:biggrin:

Congratulations on your recovery and the good news from your doc. And keep smelling those roses!

Congrats on the good news and the shave. And thanks for sharing your experience. I think sometimes we all need to put things into perspective, and be thankful for what we have.

Now onto buying more creams!:wink:

I am so glad that you are recovering! I am also so glad that you are here... these are the best guys in the world and are great to be around! Welcome Home.....

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

Bunker950 said:

Congratulations on the first day of the rest of your life. Live well and enjoy!

Top Bottom