What's new

The unWolfman

I had a Yuma a few months ago and it really does shave very good. I had some troubles in a few small areas, but then again I had troubles there with most of my razors. A friend of mine wanted to get into DE shaving, but he didn't want to spend much money, so I gave him my Yuma along with a couple of different blades and an Arko stick. I will get another Yuma at some point. For the price, I think the Yuma is great razor even though the quality is very poor.

About more expensive modern razors, I really have nothing against them, but I can't see myself paying $200 + for a modern razor without knowing first hand how that razor shavers. Paying that much for a vintage razor is one thing, since I love collecting vintage razors and if the market place for that razor is somewhere around $200, it means that I can always get my money back with ease, but I don't have the same confidence with the modern razors and that's the razon why I hesetate to spend lots of money on modern razors, because I know from expirience that no matter how much people are praising or hyping a specific brand or model, it all comes down to what works for me.
On the bay right now buy it now less than 14 bucks including shipping....

Man.. I'll shave with anything as long as it isn't stupid - like having no blade angle or torque (R41 for example) or dangerous (Yaqi AC or El Jefe first gen lol).

I have some weird stuff in my collection and I appreciate all of it but I have always wanted a Yuma. It might be time to shell out the money for one :lol:

I can buy Yuma locally, but I just have to look around the local dollar tree stores and I'm not sure if they are sold in my city, but a friend of mine from another city have found some. They are sold for around a $1 here :D.
Sorry I dont know your location. All our local dollar stores have are a brand called Assured and its a 3 piece 7 o'clock clone for a dollar and 25 cents USD..

Last edited:
I have a razor is " farther south than south" that might interest you, it's the "Gillette Super Click", which you probably already have.

I bought it for only $2. I got a razor that weighs only 6 grams and won't break even if it falls from ten floors.The blades are even on both sides, but usually with a little smile.
"Super click" is regarded by many as the final DE design of the real Gillette. There are also longitudinally grained handles similar to the "Gillette Slim Twist".
And there are several colors to collect.

I love it as much as any other expensive razor.
View attachment 1515570
+1 on that. Absolutely love it.

AND you are so right about the blade with a very minor smile profile. I purchased one more of it thinking (I have had it for a couple of decades now) another one may not have that blade smile profile.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
+1 on that. Absolutely love it.

AND you are so right about the blade with a very minor smile profile. I purchased one more of it thinking (I have had it for a couple of decades now) another one may not have that blade smile profile.
Fortunately, that "smile" doesn't hinder the shaving effect, and even slightly strengthens the blade tension in the plastic head.
Even when I'm not shaving, I play with this razor from time to time and marvel at its fun design.

The Dollar Tree "Assured" 3 piece is pretty bad. It looks alot like the the Chinese Gillette Super Blue, but does not shave like it at all. The Super Blue is a pretty fun actually and a good enough shave. Worth picking up!

I totally support seeking out low cost, high value shaving equipment
but to frame it as a diss to Wolfman et al reveals a bit of an extra motive.
We should not expect Wolfman etc to lower their prices to accommodate
everyone.

Personally, I would not touch that Yuma razor and I don't even need to try it
to say so. There's a wide range of price-points for everyone to be happy,
without taking potshots at high priced equipment.

I totally support seeking out low cost, high value shaving equipment
but to frame it as a diss to Wolfman et al reveals a bit of an extra motive.
We should not expect Wolfman etc to lower their prices to accommodate
everyone.

Personally, I would not touch that Yuma razor and I don't even need to try it
to say so. There's a wide range of price-points for everyone to be happy,
without taking potshots at high priced equipment.
Is that really what’s happening here? I’d say it’s that the Yuma being cheap and lacking precision makes it an “unWolfman,” otherwise there’s virtually no mention of Wolfman throughout this entire thread. I think OP is using the contrast between the razors to make a point, but I don’t see where anything negative is said about Wolfman. It’s all good man.

Is that really what’s happening here? I’d say it’s that the Yuma being cheap and lacking precision makes it an “unWolfman,” otherwise there’s virtually no mention of Wolfman throughout this entire thread. I think OP is using the contrast between the razors to make a point, but I don’t see where anything negative is said about Wolfman. It’s all good man.

Yeah, it's all good!

A $500 piece of crap. Should’ve bought a well-made vintage Gillette

No razor is worth $300

Bill Goose has them for $315. In 1987 I bought a Suzuki 250 for less than that.

Stay with the DE 89. No razor is worth $300.

My Yuma outshaves every DE in my den: $7 in US, less than €1 in Turkey. And nothing in the world could possibly shave better than my Schick E2, about $10. Spending more on a razor doesn’t buy a better shave; I can’t figure out what it DOES buy you.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Fiddler yeah I see what you mean, but he has a point nevertheless, even if it rubs you the wrong way. You tracked down all this over multiple threads, seems to anger you indeed much. As you are a proud exponent of the land of the free, does this mean he has to shut up? For sure not, I would say.

But you are not alone, a lot of people here get their panties in a bunch so quickly if one doesn't agree and doesn't start worshipping their razor of choice, which is rather pitiful if you ask me.

@Fiddler yeah I see what you mean, but he has a point nevertheless, even if it rubs you the wrong way. You tracked down all this over multiple threads, seems to anger you indeed much. As you are a proud exponent of the land of the free, does this mean he has to shut up? For sure not, I would say.

But you are not alone, a lot of people here get their panties in a bunch so quickly if one doesn't agree and doesn't start worshipping their razor of choice, which is rather pitiful if you ask me.

I think you are assuming motives to why I quote someone's posts and so on.
Tracking posts is very easy and requires no anger...these quoted posts reveal a
pattern of chastising high-end razors for no good reason apart from their cost.

I have never ever seen a derogatory post on any forum about a vintage gillette
razor costing $10...we need to respect the choices everyone makes.

Imagine calling a Rocnel Sailor a "$500 piece of crap"...without having tried it.
And doing this kind of post virtually all the time. Is this gentlemanly behaviour?
Sounds like some sort of obsession.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Is there another clone other than (I think ) the lupo of the wolfman ?? That's the only one I think I have heard of..
The RazoRock Game Changer got cloned as DSCosmetic S9, lower gap D8. Itself it was a clone of the RazoRock Guerilla.

The Lupo has different gaps but it's inspired by the Wolfman WR1.

Yaqi, DSCosmetic and Boti made each supposedly not quite accurate clones of the Wolfman WR2.

The cap of the DSCosmetic must be tight, Yaqi changed the cap without notice for later models, and the Boti seems to have higher exposure than the other two.

Don't expect to get a Wolfman from China!

The DSCosmetic S9 is perhaps the best copy: or adds some slight improvements and scalloped cap to the RazoRock Game Changer. Their electropolished handles are a bit slippery, though.

Top Bottom