What's new

The Unofficial Most Entertaining Post Of The Week Thread

Every once in a while, I’ll run across a post that just makes me smile. It’s usually buried deep in a thread that possibly only a few folks are following anymore. This thread is to share some of these gems with a wider audience as they come up.

Suggested format is to copy and paste the thread title, and then quote the post.
For example:

[URL="https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-razor-makes-you-happiest-to-pull-out-to-use-and-why.541847/"]What razor makes you happiest to pull out to use and why?
Which razor makes me happiest? My 1949 British Rocket.

Why? Because, when John Lennon was composing Happiness Is a Warm Gun, what he really wanted to sing was "Happiness is a 1949 British Rocket TTO Double-Edge Safety Razor," but he couldn't get that line to fit the meter so he settled for the "warm gun" bit instead.

When I hold you in my hand (o-oh yeah!)
And I feel my finger on your knurling (o-oh yeah!)
I know nobody can do me no harm (o-oh yeah!) Because:
Happiness is a 1949 British Rocket TTO Double-Edge Safety Razor...

(I have no way to prove this but I'm sure it must be true.)
[/URL]

I did have to go into the “more options” button to be able to transfer the quote from the original thread to this one.

Have at it!

In the Barbershop there is a thread re Facebook and it's CEO testifying before Congress. It was suggested he was unhappy wearing a suit...but alleged it was purchased at Men's Warehouse & he still had the receipt and would return it forthwith.

Shave like the Apollo astronaughts!

“Ha Ha Ha, we sent you boys to the Moon with Techmatics? Heh, that’s as ridiculous as me getting tossed by a third rate burglary!”

825868e3-ed74-4ae8-b8eb-4ec8af9be9ae-jpeg.880856

I’d like to thank the Academy for bestowing upon me the honour of “The Unofficial Most Entertaining Post Of The Week”.
I will cherish this accolade for minutes to come.
What’s that? There’s been a mistake? You’re telling me “Moonlight” is the actual winner?
Uggghhh, that figures.

That's oft repeated nonsense, and the fact that it's oft repeated doesn't make it any less silly. There are way more Fatboys than Red Tips (or Black Beauties), for example, yet they go for 2x as much on average. They are expensive because of collector rather than user demand, (ie guys who will overpay for a birth year razor and need seven of them to keep in a bathroom drawer) fueled by forum foolishness about alleged scarcity, which by is bizarre for a razor that every day has 120 listings on eBay to choose from.

GILLETTE SLIM ADJUSTABLE VS FATBOY

There is so much truth in that. Just made my day!

Top Bottom