What's new

"The Ultimate Men’s Set from Truffoire" Stainless Steel Razor?

the-ultimate-mens-set-1.jpg

Had to ditch my long beautiful beard and go back to wet shaving because of the times. Only kept a pretty badass full handlebar mustache that stops before my jawline. I'm a big fan of black and white truffles and needed a simple brushless cream and a razor to get me by as I'm on lockdown in the Virgin Islands staying in a beachside bungalow for the foreseeable future and all my wet shaving gear is back at my loft in Brooklyn. Figured I'd grab this set to get me through the next couple of weeks and then consider ordering more supplies depending on how long I think I'm here for. Very interested in what this "stainless steel" razor probably is and who made it. Never seen another like it. Ideas?

"Experience a professionally close shave from your home and on-the-go with The Ultimate Men’s Set from Truffoire. This complete shaving set includes Truffoire’s Black Truffle Pre-Shave Gel, Black Truffle Men’s Balm, the Stainless Steel Ultimate Razor and a starter pack of blades. The Black Truffle Pre-Shave Gel prepares your skin for the closest shave possible while our vintage-style safety razor uses a patented design to safely and effectively glides across your face and neck. Followed with Black Truffle Men’s Balm, this set will help you to achieve a sculpted silhouette while encouraging softer, smoother and calmer look and feel to your skin."

Obviously snake oil, but is it good snake oil? And more importunely who made this darn razor and is it decent? I do love picking up interesting razors.

PS- Got the set on sale privately for about $50 including some white truffle after shave balm too (down from $148, lol). Figure even if the razor is a piece of garbage I made out reasonably okay as compared to paying island prices for a five handle, some cartridges, a can of foam, and a plastic bottle of Brut (everywhere selling bay rum is shuttered).

R

romsitsa

Hello, it's a Baili BD 191, cast zamak. Can't comment on the balm and pre-shave, but for 395 USD it must be extremely special or a rip off.

Adam

I just assumed it's a total rip off and snake oil. Got it purely out of truffle curiosity and because it cost me about the same as a Gillette razor and blades (about $25), shaving cream (around $7), and some aftershave balm (around $15 for something cheap) would have cost me on the island. Meanwhile went ahead and ordered myself a Merkur slant, some Kai's, some brushless cream, and some balm from WCS but that should take a days to arrive.

View attachment 1086572

Had to ditch my long beautiful beard and go back to wet shaving because of the times. Only kept a pretty badass full handlebar mustache that stops before my jawline. I'm a big fan of black and white truffles and needed a simple brushless cream and a razor to get me by as I'm on lockdown in the Virgin Islands staying in a beachside bungalow for the foreseeable future and all my wet shaving gear is back at my loft in Brooklyn. Figured I'd grab this set to get me through the next couple of weeks and then consider ordering more supplies depending on how long I think I'm here for. Very interested in what this "stainless steel" razor probably is and who made it. Never seen another like it. Ideas?

"Experience a professionally close shave from your home and on-the-go with The Ultimate Men’s Set from Truffoire. This complete shaving set includes Truffoire’s Black Truffle Pre-Shave Gel, Black Truffle Men’s Balm, the Stainless Steel Ultimate Razor and a starter pack of blades. The Black Truffle Pre-Shave Gel prepares your skin for the closest shave possible while our vintage-style safety razor uses a patented design to safely and effectively glides across your face and neck. Followed with Black Truffle Men’s Balm, this set will help you to achieve a sculpted silhouette while encouraging softer, smoother and calmer look and feel to your skin."

Obviously snake oil, but is it good snake oil? And more importunely who made this darn razor and is it decent? I do love picking up interesting razors.

PS- Got the set on sale privately for about $50 including some white truffle after shave balm too (down from $148, lol). Figure even if the razor is a piece of garbage I made out reasonably okay as compared to paying island prices for a five handle, some cartridges, a can of foam, and a plastic bottle of Brut (everywhere selling bay rum is shuttered).

“Obviously snake oil...” But you kept yourself amused which was worth the price you paid!!

Stay safe!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top Bottom