What's new

The ultimate kydex inside waistband holster?

I am just wondering (since I got a new FDE springfield hellcat) what is your guys favorite kydex IWB holster. I am leaning Tulster though they aren't exactly the cheapest...I have bought some el cheapo kydex holsters which are just barely acceptable (Bradec, FDO)..but feel cheap with sub par retention.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Comp-Tac
Holsters - https://comp-tac.com/holsters/

My EDC for my Glock 19:
https://comp-tac.com/mtac-premier-iwb-hybrid-holster-comp-tac/

I also use this one for my smaller semi autos:

I have been using the Vedder LightTuck, a tuckable holster that makes concealment total and absolute. I wore mine to work today and honestly do not notice that it is there, I am carrying a little Sig P365. I just got one for a full size 1911, and will probably carry my Kimber Ultra Carry in it, It fits, except the holster is longer for the full size handgun giving me the option to use it for both large and small.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The Hellcat isn't a very big pistol. Lots of holster makers out there. The problem is, many of the holsters are bigger than the pistol.

What you need, is a small, thin, lightweight, low profile, inside the waist band holster, that can be carried either in the
4 o'clock position behind the hip, or even appendix carry up front if that's what you desire and you should be able to forget it's even there..

This holster should have a rigid kydex body to hold your Hellcat secure, while you can hear that positive "click sound" as the pistol locks into place.

However, it should be a comfortable holster against the body. A holster, that doesn't pinch or poke or stab or jab. The backing of the holster, should be soft and comfortable, but not leather; as leather deforms and absorbs sweat on those hot & humid summer days.

It should be however, of a soft and flexible material, that not only conforms to your body, but also gives plenty of support for the pistol and kydex outer shell but have plenty of ventilation holes in it's design, to provide a cool, comfortable and moisture wicking surface against the skin, for those hot, sticky, summer days.

A holster like this, sounds like a perfect holster. The only problem is, if you can find this holster for $40, it almost sounds to good to be true, doesn't it? Would it be made of poor quality, cheap workmanship and even cheaper materials? Made in China? You know what they say, you get what you pay for...

On the other hand, if that perfect holster description came along with excellent quality controls in craftsmanship and materials? And made right here in the U.S.A.? Probably a couple of hundred dollars, am I right?

But what if the price was perfectly dab smack in the middle of cheap and expensive? For a high quality, perfect wearing holster as described above? Wouldn't that be something!

Look no further. :)

Hellcat Holster:

Mag Carrier:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Comp-Tac
Holsters - https://comp-tac.com/holsters/

My EDC for my Glock 19:
https://comp-tac.com/mtac-premier-iwb-hybrid-holster-comp-tac/

I also use this one for my smaller semi autos:

Thanks for the link. Just ordered this:

It's like an Uncle Mike's on steroids. :)

I have seen all those holster makers just hard to judge their craftsmanship without knowing someone who owns one, so thanks for the info

JM Kydex has a number of quick ship items with short lead times. They enjoy an excellent reputation on many of the more shooting oriented forums. i.e Pistol Forum.

IWB holsters and kydex in particularly can be a bit of hit and miss until the right one is found.
Should you find the one you really like, I strongly urge you to buy a second one so when the first one breaks (and kydex always does sooner or later) you are GTG. I say this as someone who has carried 95% of the time in kydex since the turn of the century.

It should be noted that in the end, some people find kydex too stiff and come to think that a quality leather holster that allows you to re holster one handed is the way to go because they tend to last much longer than kydex and will form to the body.

I do not like Kydex. At all.
This holster however does a very good job.
Only Kydex I own. I use it with a Beretta Nano. Very competent piece of gear. Theis Holsters. $59.95; Made in Arkansas
A81F2686-7A2B-4A80-BC91-5311766AA265.jpeg
83911FCE-9E32-46C3-8212-D95FD33948D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom