What's new

The Ultimate Brush Chronicles

Everyone, after a long hiatus, the Brush Chronicles are coming back, if only because it feels unlucky to have stopped with 13. Starting in about a week and playing at a theater near you, we will relaunch with Omega's B&B Essential Boar brush.

Just received a Muhle Synthetic Silvertip and love it. Not only it's softness but it needs so little product to make a usable lather.

I just wanted to say I've been reading through these for the past couple of weeks and it's awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed them and really like that way of reviewing things. Putting the brushes through their paces with a variety of different creams and soaps is how reviews should be done.

I know they're old but just wanted to say thanks to the authors, a few years down the line and I'm still enjoying your writing.

I'd love to see more of these on the forum and this style of reviewing applied to a lot more products :thumbup1:.

I just wanted to say I've been reading through these for the past couple of weeks and it's awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed them and really like that way of reviewing things. Putting the brushes through their paces with a variety of different creams and soaps is how reviews should be done.

I know they're old but just wanted to say thanks to the authors, a few years down the line and I'm still enjoying your writing.

I'd love to see more of these on the forum and this style of reviewing applied to a lot more products :thumbup1:.

On behalf of the authors and site management, I will say thanks, Matt. As you can see, this content was all member-driven (yup, guys just like you) so if you have any ideas for further reviews or comparisons, feel free to step up to the plate!

On behalf of the authors and site management, I will say thanks, Matt. As you can see, this content was all member-driven (yup, guys just like you) so if you have any ideas for further reviews or comparisons, feel free to step up to the plate!

That is a fair point. It's definitely something I'd love to get involved with but as it stands I've got 2 brushes and they've been covered (happy coincidence). Something for the future definitely though. Or maybe something to consider doing with soaps and razors? If anyone around who has a decent collection would weigh in? Definitely got some thinking to do though.

That is a fair point. It's definitely something I'd love to get involved with but as it stands I've got 2 brushes and they've been covered (happy coincidence). Something for the future definitely though. Or maybe something to consider doing with soaps and razors? If anyone around who has a decent collection would weigh in? Definitely got some thinking to do though.

We are all for fun, informative discussion and they sound like great ideas. Feel free to start a thread in the appropriate Forum and see if any other members would be interested in helping you out with a challenge/review. The more members become involved, the more fun we tend to have.

Don't hesitate to drop me a note if you need help.

Paderborn, huh?!

Thanks, Matt! Those threads are a bit of a marathon and take a fair amount of coordination, but it's all worth it.

I just got my Badger & Blade 10th Anniversary brush and I just can't say enough about it. It's not even broken in yet and I love it. The handle is very comfortable and looks very classy. Just the fact that it was made to honor the 10th anniversary of this forum that gives us all so much pleasure is a reason enough to buy one.
I just came across the thread a few days ago. I wasn't aware it has been out for more than a year. I don't how I missed it. But I'm glad I have it now.

B&B brush_3.JPG

The Shavemac D01-2 knot for those that like a super scritchy brush, one that will really exfoliate, I've never come across a knot as densely packed and as wonderfully scritchy as this one, in a league of it's own and for me, the best brush in my collection and the best knot I've ever used, par M&F, Simpson SB & Manchurian, Rooney, Kent

And the next premium knot from Shavemac is the D01, uber soft on the face, very densely packed, superior backbone, and again, one of the nicest on the market, a Plisson High Mountain White is the only knot that is superior in my opinion.

Both worthy of some chronicling of the D01 and D01-2 knots in my opinion...:thumbup:

Top Bottom