What's new

The Ugliest Razor We Have Ever Seen Contest! Winners in Post #174

Thanks for the support, guys. Dad is doing well. We are still trying to determine exactly what DID happen to him...

Anyway, I think I'll wait until the morning to open the Veg and try it out. My wife is usually still sleeping when I head out so it shouldn't impact her much if I put it on in the morning after my shave.

Well, I must say, I am very thankful for my items guys! I am touched. I honestly look forward to using the Veg in the morning and I may even shave this Short Comb NEW since I have never actually used one before. I have one but I never got around to using it. Now I don't have an excuse *wink*.

Thanks guys! I think the world of you guys!

proxy.php

proxy.php

OK, if the competition winner(s) want to send me the Slim and the other Nickel plated razors, I'll restore them Free of Charge (strip old plating, polish and replate in bright nickel) - so we can do a 'Before' and 'After' makeover type pic thing on here :)

Sorry, I can't do anything with the plastic (Bakelite) one, but I'll give it a proper burial if it's sent ;-)

Last edited:
I tried the Veg this morning. Lathered up with Tabac and my President and had a fabulous shave. I was really looking forward to the Lilac Veg. As it turns out, this is the only toilet water I have tried that actually smells like a toilet! Now the scent is following me around all day and it's driving me nuts! AAGGH!

BTW, onotoman, that's very kind of you! Now I wish I didn't have a plastic razor! haha!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks onotoman, lovely offer! That Slim is waaaay beyond anything but the bin I'm afraid. Someone took a grinder to it -- hence my custom title! I will be sending you a couple others soon though, thanks again.

Another thanks to all involved in the competition again, Scott, Phil, and others.

I tried the Veg this morning. Lathered up with Tabac and my President and had a fabulous shave. I was really looking forward to the Lilac Veg. As it turns out, this is the only toilet water I have tried that actually smells like a toilet! Now the scent is following me around all day and it's driving me nuts! AAGGH!

BTW, onotoman, that's very kind of you! Now I wish I didn't have a plastic razor! haha!

Yeah, I went into it with similar optimism, found the experience of splashing that on my face to be quite... uhm... unpleasant doesn't do it justice. Noxious perhaps? Wanting to give it a proper try I waited the requisite ten minutes before bidding the SO to have a whiff. Her reaction was immediate and unmistakeable, but if there were any doubt, her description of the odor dispelled it. "It smells like the odor of ancient pee soaked wood floors, and old lady perfume that was always in my great aunt's bathroom." Needless to say I immediately went to wash it off, and attempted to mask it with Clubman which is her favorite scent in my cabinet. This morning she told me she could still smell it on me. I think it is safe to say I have not been chosen by the Veg, and I will never ever use it again.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
What a great read! Superb!

Well, you guys apparently were not chosem, body chemistry and the Veg being a sort of odiferous version of Russian Roullette.
You could always pass it on to give someone else a chance at the the joy/horror.

Bravo Zulu for at least giving it a shot for your own discovery rather than listening to the nattering nabobs of negativity.

What a great read! Superb!

Well, you guys apparently were not chosem, body chemistry and the Veg being a sort of odiferous version of Russian Roullette.
You could always pass it on to give someone else a chance at the the joy/horror.

Bravo Zulu for at least giving it a shot for your own discovery rather than listening to the nattering nabobs of negativity.

I also did not heed your warning about sniffing at the bottle neck. Curiosity overcame me and i gave a sniff at the neck of the plastic bottle, and thought the cat pee reference was apt, but then I whiffed at the neck of the glass bottle, and even though the contents hadn't been in there more than a couple hours, the smell was much different and much less pungent. Still very strong, somewhat overwhelming, but overwhelmingly sweet and floral, not acrid like the smell emenating from the plastic bottle. I found it quite interesting, and especially can't imagine WHY on earth Pinaud would put it in a plastic bottle given the effect.

Ah well if I can stop Jenny pouring it down the toilet (and I think she has more respect for wastewater treatment workers than that) I'll pass it on to another curious intrepid adventurous spunky soul.

OK, if the competition winner(s) want to send me the Slim and the other Nickel plated razors, I'll restore them Free of Charge (strip old plating, polish and replate in bright nickel) - so we can do a 'Before' and 'After' makeover type pic thing on here :)

Sorry, I can't do anything with the plastic (Bakelite) one, but I'll give it a proper burial if it's sent ;-)

Would love to take you up on that, but I've already passed the Ranger on to another home. Originally I bought it for a birthday present for my dad, but for various reasons, decided it was not the best choice.

Ah well if I can stop Jenny pouring it down the toilet (and I think she has more respect for wastewater treatment workers than that) I'll pass it on to another curious intrepid adventurous spunky soul.

I would be up to try the Veg. I cannot find it for sale anywhere around me.

Just to let everyone know, I finally was able to get over the border to pick up the package.
The Veg will have to wait until I can smell things again. I want my first sniff to be free and clear of sinus problems.
Sorry, no pics yet, too late for that tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Just to let everyone know, I finally was able to get over the border to pick up the package.
The Veg will have to wait until I can smell things again. I want my first sniff to be free and clear of sinus problems.
Sorry, no pics yet, too late for that tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

And if I can ever be home long enough to do it, you still have another prize coming Marc.

Here is my entry. It's a Gem 1912 SE that I use.
No amount of Scrubbing Bubbles or Flitz can get this guy clean.

View attachment 171636View attachment 171635

In no way do I mean to offend, but these pics remind me of the Dollar Shave Club commercial with the super dirty disposable head razor that sounds like it has the flu, is coughing and puking on the counter. I loved the commercial. Man, each time I look at your pics I expect the razor to cough at me.

Again, no offense intended. It was good of you to have saved it.

In no way do I mean to offend, but these pics remind me of the Dollar Shave Club commercial with the super dirty disposable head razor that sounds like it has the flu, is coughing and puking on the counter. I loved the commercial. Man, each time I look at your pics I expect the razor to cough at me.

Again, no offense intended. It was good of you to have saved it.

I still have it. It still looks like that too!

Top Bottom