BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Contest Over!! Congrats to the winners!! See Post # 174

Ladies and Gentleman, the time is here for ugly razors to appear!:w00t:

:a50:
:jump::badger::jump:
:a50:

May I present to you the Ugliest Damn Razor we have ever seen contest. This contest is being sponsored by me, your forum steward, and reluctantly accepted by Phil, your forum Mod.:lol:

So lets get straight to the Roolz.

Judgement of the "Winner" is purely subjective and not reviewable.

No whining, crying, complaining, or bad mouthing the Organizer or the Entrants, because;

Anyone who posts a picture of such an ugly beast has abdicated their right to complain.
and​
Anyone who possesses such an ugly razor, has already been punished enough! :lol:

Participants are allowed to submit as many razors as you would like in each category. The down fall is you can only win in one category.:thumbdown

There will be four categories to this contest.

1. The ugliest damn cased set we have ever seen. (This includes all types of razors in a case. The uglier both are the better.)

2. The ugliest damn TTO we have ever seen. (This includes adjustables and any other type of TTO razor, except the SE.)

3. The ugliest damn non TTO we have ever seen. (The snaggle tooths will fall into this category)

4. The ugliest damn SE we have ever seen. (I think this is self explanatory)

Now lets get on to the good stuff. There will be one winner selected in each category. Myself and three other yet to be named Stewards will be the judges. Each winner will receive the following superbly hand picked prizes.

1. A razor of the same type as the category you won in. (For example if you won the TTO category you will receive a TTO.)

2. A highly coveted and sought after bottle of Lilac Vegetal AS. :yikes:

3. A very degrading custom title to let the entire forum know you have one ugly damn razor. :yesnod::yesnod:

This contest will run for 30 days from the posting date. That will give you plenty of time to beat the brush and look for one ugly razor. Comments about the ugliness of a razor posted are highly encouraged.:thumbup:

But remember the Golden Roolz. We must keep comments gentlemanly. :huh:

So there you have it folks. The ugliest razor contest.​

LET THE UGLINESS BEGIN!:thumbup::thumbup:

NOTE THE FINE PRINT: Smashing, defacing or otherwise modifying a razor to be MORE ugly isn't in keeping with the spirit of the contest, and as such, these entrants will win the razor they smashed, defaced or modified!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, if only I had taken a "before" picture of that Tech with 80 years of crud on the handle! :sad: That was one UGLY razor... but its darn pretty after several soaks in Scrubbing Bubbles, three boilings, and 2 grades of polish.

WooHoo, can't wait. I've got some good (or bad) razors to enter. Too bad this doesn't also include straights. I've got a couple of real winners there too.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Scott, I have this truly ugly cased Black and Red that was on the verge of committing stewardcide, but I got on the hotline and gave it a home. You know this razor well and might have a certain prejudice for (or against) it. I'm not sure I should enter it as it has made friends with my loveliest silver plated baby and is just getting comfortable with its place in life.

Some clarification from the judges perhaps? Does it count if the razor's no longer ugly? My "Phoenix" Single Ring started out a right nasty, charred mess, case included, though it isn't anymore:

proxy.php

Here is my entry. It's a Gem 1912 SE that I use.
No amount of Scrubbing Bubbles or Flitz can get this guy clean.
In picture 2 of the front side, you can see that the door/lid doesn't close properly. The right hand side is against the blade and the left hand side is slightly off the blade. Since I don't have any other 1912's, I don't know which is correct. Also notice that the top is as discoloured as the rest of it. Have a look at where the handle screws in. It's just nasty. Once again, no amount of Flitz will get that clean.
Picture 1 shows the back side and similar staining/corrosion.
yeah, this is the first time i've uploaded pictures, it's different than before.

View attachment $P1020031.jpgView attachment $P1020032.jpg

Here are another couple that I'm in progress on right now, to round things out on the DE front. They're also both much better looking now, even though I'm not finished with them.

proxy.php

proxy.php

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
OMG! This is just wrong.:w00t: I was hoping we would have some uglies and man you guys are proving me right so far. This much ugliness on day one. I can't wait to see day 20.

MacDaddy your entry is accepted. Anything that ugly before cleaning has to be allowed.:yikes:

Inherited this one from my father (who got it from my grandfather). It looks "antique-like" in its new home in a shadow box over my shave den. This is after a lot of cleaning with scrubbing bubbles - I could not get rid of the green tarnish without removing more of the plating. It has been identified by fellow B&Bers as a copy of a Gillette Single Ring. The centre pin (the screw where the handle attaches) is loose and spins in its housing in the head, so I can't even shave with it. A number of the teeth are bent in various directions.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom