What's new

The Turkish Experience...

Detailed Review and Photos: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/295758-The-Turkish-Experience?p=4194096#post4194096

Ok, just received a package from bestShave.net, and what a great job by this company from Turkey. Package arrived in 8-10 days (to Toronto), and with a gift razor and a cream. I am ready for the morning with:
1. Arko stick and bunch of Arko creams
2. Horse brush - Profesionel #1
3. Beautiful mug made of bronze

Will let you know how this measures up!

Dragan

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, has anyone else seen the flaming q-tip trick for ear hair made famous by Turkish barbers? Youtube it!

Can you provide your evaluation of the Arko Creams (minus the scents)? (lot of ink has been spilled about the Arko Sticks, but was interested in the performance of the creams).

I'm so into Turkish shaving products--Arko, alum block, and a blade rotation that includes Derby's, Derby-made Bluebirds, and Russian-made for the Turkish market Perma-sharp Supers. I even attended an (excellent) Turkish film festival last week.

I shop at Bestshave.net often, great products and great service. I use their #6 and #& horse brushes and they are great.Enjoy!

Can you provide your evaluation of the Arko Creams (minus the scents)? (lot of ink has been spilled about the Arko Sticks, but was interested in the performance of the creams).

The Arko creams don't get enough attention, IMHO. They provide a dense, creamy lather that is on par with more expensive creams. Fortunately, I can find the creams locally so it is easy for me to restock. The Commando cream is my favorite but they are all above average creams.

Had it done to me many times - Nose, ears and even cheeks if there's a stray hair left there.

All part of that great experience of the Turkish Barber shop. It's what got me into Safety Razors and Straights - on my first trip to Turkey, I bought 20 packs of 5 Perma-sharp blades on a whim, then when I got back to the UK I wondered why, as I didn't even own a 'proper' razor to put them in. As they say, the rest is history.

Slightly off topic, has anyone else seen the flaming q-tip trick for ear hair made famous by Turkish barbers? Youtube it!

You're making me want to travel to Turkey. Closest I've been is Bosnia.

The horsehair #6 is a favorite brush. At $2.45, it's a steal. Best shaving value I know of by far.

Had it done to me many times - Nose, ears and even cheeks if there's a stray hair left there.

All part of that great experience of the Turkish Barber shop. It's what got me into Safety Razors and Straights - on my first trip to Turkey, I bought 20 packs of 5 Perma-sharp blades on a whim, then when I got back to the UK I wondered why, as I didn't even own a 'proper' razor to put them in. As they say, the rest is history.

Here's a link. Must smell really terrible.

That copper bowl looks really neat. I love copper... I'd be interested in seeing some pics once you get it!

I really enjoyed them. I am posting a detailed review in the morning, but extra sensitive one impressed me the most (and I liked the scent too!

Thank you,
Dragan

What day did you order? I placed an order on 5/25 for some Arko & Derby creams--getting anxious.

Several Arko's: Extra Sensitive, Cool, and Ice, and Derby Menthol - so far like them but scents are unrefined. I will post pictures in the morning

Thanks,
Dragan

Nice, i have also ordered from them many times.
I am curious on what you think about the horse brush.
The big one ( profesionel #1) fell apart before I could use it! The #6, which is the most famous, I am trying tomorrow - hope to have better luck with it. You are a fan of horse brushes?

Dragan

My horse No. 6 has never let me down. I love that brush so much, I now have 2, when I last re-ordered Arko sticks, Rapira, Lord, Derby and Shark blades, from bestshave, I couldn't help it and added a No. 6. I enjoy the Arko Cool after shave cream, small convenient tube, and the Moist shaving cream.

Top Bottom