What's new

The truth about straight razor shaving is .

i kept a full beard for 25+ years because i hated shaving and what it did to my face (read "destroyed face"). got into straights because i tried to hone one and had to try it out to check my progress. i never looked back and never will i hope. that is how much better it is for me.

When I do not shave with a straight for a few days I start to crave the caress of steel on my face and throat.

A good straight razor shave is close and comfortable and requires skill. It calls back to an age when skill and craftsmanship were more important that speed and convienience. The hot lather and brush feel relaxing. It takes a task that was an unpleasant neccessity and made it an enjoyable part of my day.

my sentiments exactly. It made "something that just needed done" into something that i would look forward to. I feel like i have more control. Along with what Brianskeet said, straight razor shaving is something that requires skill to learn, may make you look silly the first month while learning how...but the end result is something that gives a much better, closer BBS shave than any i ever got with cartriges. Even a bad straight shave was more enjoyable than any cartrige.

I don't know about that...I had a pretty horrible straight shave yesterday. that edge was NOT ready :)

but yes, I know what you mean, I'm just ribbin' ya.

lol, the first couple of straight shaves my friends just laughed at me snickering something about an angry cat. I've had some horrible shaves (is this where weeper from the black lagoon came from?)...i've shaved after the straight was too dull...but for some reason every time I shave with a straight razor it gives me more of a feeling of pampering.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Shaving with a straight razor is the most manly thing you can do except for feats of heroism, physical strength or sexual prowess. You can also do it daily and it requires a certain amount of the other three!

If you ever have a woman watch you shave with a straight razor, you'll know the answer real quick.

If you can dodge optical distraction of the panties being thrown in your face, the physical distraction of legs being splayed in the air, and the auditory distraction of cat-like moans, you're probably going to be a DE guy for life.

If you ever have a woman watch you shave with a straight razor, you'll know the answer real quick.

If you can dodge optical distraction of the panties being thrown in your face, the physical distraction of legs being splayed in the air, and the auditory distraction of cat-like moans, you're probably going to be a DE guy for life.

Does she want shaved too? Cause a straight does a great job of that :blushing:

First thing in the morning it 'focuses the mind and loosens the stool' (especially when you're not quite sure what you're doing).. I say that as a 'newbie'!

The journey is long,interesting and dangerous. Once there, there is no way back. For many reasons the shave ,the action, the feeling everything. For me the most important is 40 minutes of total focus on one thing. Shaving. Your mind is or rather has to be empty from other thoughts and consetrate. This 40 minutes that belong to you is something that will make your day start with joy and freshness. Every night i say to myself tommorow i will make a change and shave with my DE because i do not have time. And every morning i wake up earlier to find time for my staright razor shaving. I never thought i would look forward to shaving. The word shaving has a different meaning with straights.

Top Bottom