What's new

The truth about straight razor shaving is .

If you had to tell an individual the truth on why a straight razor shave was better, what would you tell that person?

You have more control, you can mow through much longer stubble effortlessly and it's a truly DYI endeavour.

Results wise it is not better. Tell them you want to shave like Grandpa, but then back in the day Grandpa wanted to shave like you. That's why we have the Fusion now, go figure. Arrgh

Results wise it is not better.

Seriously?

I have never had more irritation free comfortable shaves in my life since i started straight shaving. I also never imagined that shaving would become a pleasurable and luxurious experience.I would rather look like Rubius Hagrid than put a Mach 3 or electric to my face ever again.

proxy.php

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Cause straights are dead kewl. Shaving with a straight sets you above the bleating, thundering herd.

Straights are green. No blades to just use a few times and toss.

Straight shaving is pure and elemental.

Straight shaving is getting in touch with the past. You can even shave with a 150 year old razor and know that you can pass it down to your grandkids some day.

Real men shave with a straight... or bleed to death trying.

A good straight razor shave is close and comfortable and requires skill. It calls back to an age when skill and craftsmanship were more important that speed and convienience. The hot lather and brush feel relaxing. It takes a task that was an unpleasant neccessity and made it an enjoyable part of my day.

remember?? i wanted a framed copy to hang on my wall!! i commented it, just so i would be able to find it later.

Straight razor shaving gives you a feeling of accomplishing something beyond the ordinary. For me it is like fly fishing with a rod I built, with a fly that I tied, and releasing the fish as soon as it is "caught" - fun!

it's just plain more fun.

i never spent a single minute of my spare time messing with a mach 3 when i was bored and looking for something to fiddle with

I have never taken the easy route, the journey is as enjoyable as the destination. I look forward to my shaves, I never did that with the disposables. I have been using shaving soap and brush for some time, DE shaved for about 9 months, been straight shaving for the past 1.5 years. I will stop straight shaving when the light saber straight is invented.

Top Bottom