What's new

The Trumper Trek

Milled potassium soap pucks are as hard as guess what?

1654454062060.gif

Wait, I just noticed the ingredient list is that of the cream, vendor website error. Water, stearic acid, . . ., identical ingredient list of the Baume.be cream (and of most creams, Proraso etc.).

But please let us know when you get it, and before I start babbling about potassium soaps to strangers in the street 😵‍💫.

Well that’s a bummer. I’ll probably return it if they’re still using the old formula.

I just ordered 4 different Geo F Trumper hard shaving soaps: Limes, Sandalwood, Eucris and Rose. And I am determined to (one way or another) prove that these SOB's can lather as well as any other soap despite their recent reputation as worthless-performing soaps. I'm going to first try loading a damp (post bloom) puck with an even dryer damp brush and load it even more then MWF till its a paste like consistency that will respond beautifully to tiny dips of water. I'm on a mission to prove these soaps can lather super well and that I didn't waste a lot of $$$. Wish me luck (or sobriety ;) )!

Sad to report that the ingredient list on the soap did not match the ingredient list on the website. Here’s a picture of the ingredient list on the box. This will be returned to the seller.

View attachment 1468097

That’s too bad, you can always try your Baume.be soap, otherwise it smells really nice, makes a luxurious shower soap.

What happened to Pedigree who started this thread a couple weeks ago? He was to try lathering Trumper soaps and report back.

That’s too bad, you can always try your Baume.be soap, otherwise it smells really nice, makes a luxurious shower soap.

What happened to Pedigree who started this thread a couple weeks ago? He was to try lathering Trumper soaps and report back.
I've been super busy lately, haven't really had a chance to do much, haven't even shaved lately. But it is on my to-do list in the coming days.

Sorry for the delayed response :p and long wait, but I finally got around to it. This morning, I unlocked the secret to Trumper hard soaps and was rewarded with an awesome lather (with enough for 3 passes). Here's what I did: I soaked the puck to soften the outer soap. With a slightly damp brush, I loaded for a long time (It's a VERY hard soap) till I got a thick paste (not a wet, bubbly foam), and face lathered, slowly adding tiny bits of water. Eventually I got a shiny, dense and slick lather with a yogurt-like consistency and great residual slickness for touchups. Give it a try.

Sorry for the delayed response :p and long wait, but I finally got around to it. This morning, I unlocked the secret to Trumper hard soaps and was rewarded with an awesome lather (with enough for 3 passes). Here's what I did: I soaked the puck to soften the outer soap. With a slightly damp brush, I loaded for a long time (It's a VERY hard soap) till I got a thick paste (not a wet, bubbly foam), and face lathered, slowly adding tiny bits of water. Eventually I got a shiny, dense and slick lather with a yogurt-like consistency and great residual slickness for touchups. Give it a try.

Could you please post a photo of the ingredients printed on the box?

Well, this is putting me in an ugly mood :cursing:;). Sodium soaps never worked for me (nor most people from what I read here). It’s not a matter of insufficient loading. I would grate them and dissolve any amount. This would include dissolving almost the whole puck to use in one last glorious shot before throwing it in the yard.

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom