What's new

The trial of 3 razors

I have used a merkur 34c for 9 years. I have now tried a vintage super speed and a star 100. I have also used a few straight razors. I didn’t think a safety razor could get better than the 34c. I now stand corrected. After using a super speed this has become my favorite razor and I will obtain another in short order. I have never had a shaving experience like I did with the super speed. It was smooth and (if this makes sense) fast.
I have been looking for a travel razor for a long time and I think the star is perfect for it. It’s light and smooth at the same time, and it provides a great shave. I prefer a slightly heavier razor than the star, but it’s perfect for travel especially with how it breaks down.

I have to say the super speed is my new king. While the merkur will always be great I found the daily shaver I want to use.

There is a reason why Gillette sold a ton of Superspeeds - they were great razors.

Try pairing your SS with a Feather blade and be prepared for a really wonderful shave.

Superspeeds are like the vintage electric guitars of days gone by, they just worked so well that the news ones offer very marginal improvements (QC issues no

For what the vintage razors (not guitars) cost these days, they are so worth buying and trying.

Top Bottom