What's new

The Traveling Journal

I have his address and am going to be sending him a letter with a postage paid mailer to see if he can throw it in and mail it out so it can start it's journey once again.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I have his address and am going to be sending him a letter with a postage paid mailer to see if he can throw it in and mail it out so it can start it's journey once again.

Thank you, kind sir!

It's a shame to see it sizzle-out... It was a blast for me, and I'm sure everyone else would have really enjoyed it as well. Hopefully everything is well with @Villalobos and we are able to track the original journal down, and thank you to everyone for your interest and support. @Heckle, I especially appreciate your diligence and determination. Thank you.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Okay, it looks like the first attempt at the Travelling Journal has come to an end. I thank everyone who participated and also tried to get the Travelling Journal back in action. Is anyone still interested if we kick it off again? I have been half heartedly looking around at some journals. Nothing fancy just a basic A5 size which I believe is what we started out with. I am happy to buy one and kick it off again if there is still interest. Any input is most welcome.

Okay, it looks like the first attempt at the Travelling Journal has come to an end. I thank everyone who participated and also tried to get the Travelling Journal back in action. Is anyone still interested if we kick it off again? I have been half heartedly looking around at some journals. Nothing fancy just a basic A5 size which I believe is what we started out with. I am happy to buy one and kick it off again if there is still interest. Any input is most welcome.
I would be happy to join in on another attempt!

If you wish to start a new journal I say go for it, you have my full support and encouragement. And I desperately wish for it to become a greater success this time around, as it will surely bring many people much joy and comradery. Since creating the original I have either used or gifted my A5 stockpile, otherwise I would offer a few to get it started again. Truthfully, I was heartbroken not to have seen the original (and possibly a second or third addition) come back around and quite discouraged to the point that I had nearly given up any hope. I would love for the original to make its way back into circulation so that I may have the opportunity to see it again and read of its travels and newly acquired history, but am certainly open to supporting the efforts of starting a new traveling journal. I fully encourage your enthusiasm and offer my assistance in whatever ways I can help, my friend.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Just keeping you all in the loop. I am waiting for a parcel in the mail. Mail is very slow with all that is going on. When I receive it I will let you all know and we can start The Travelling Journal again. Nothing flash but it should suffice our needs.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DBB320D8-2321-410E-97DC-82E4758D5B4D.jpeg
13886FF7-E98B-448A-A452-35F12A7D7EC3.jpeg
8795349E-EC4A-4227-AF1D-F537EBE8AA05.jpeg
75479579-3D35-453F-8F2A-6967A3AAFA97.jpeg
9202AFD3-B86A-490A-8C2A-33B0237669CC.jpeg
ECADDDF5-07C7-4931-9BDA-8FAABD0D3937.jpeg

My apologies Gents. It has been 2 years since I was going to get the ball rolling again. Hopefully things have settled down in the world and mail is back on schedule. It does seem to be. I have purchased a small 256 page Fountain brand Travel Journal to start off the Travelling Journal again. I have no idea what sort of paper is in the journal but I plan to post this out after Easter so we have some time to start the list again. I have made a small list from members who showed interest in this previously and we will start with that. Again Gents I sincerely apologise for my tardiness.
My rough list is the following members. Some may not be active at the moment but we will update the list as we travel.
@Heckle
@bach_rocks
@Billski
@CallMeChris
@WarriorMonk
@MaxG
@Sabin
If @Heckle can PM his details I will post the Travelling Journal Take 2 off after the Easter period and we can see how this one travels. If anyone else would like to take part please just copy and paste the list in a post and we will go from there. The more the merrier.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
We are off, I mailed out the Journal yesterday to @Heckle. I did not write much in it as I just wanted to get it out and about after going to resurrect this a few years ago. You can see what I wrote on the back of the page so maybe finer nibs might be easier on the paper. I used an old Sheaffer Student Cartridge Pen with a Medium nib. As I previously mentioned I don't know what paper it is but it was a cheap journal so I am guessing cheap paper. If it fills up we can always buy a better journal with better paper for the next one.

Top Bottom