What's new

The Trafalgar has landed!!!

My Trafalgar T2 has finally landed!

As you can see...

B44B2225-0BA0-4710-8362-D75A2FA94539.jpeg

It’s ok. I was never a huge fan of the brush. And the T3 was too huge for me.

Eventually, I’ll take the plunge and buy an STF or an EVO. I know many members will swear there are better and cheaper options out there, but this is just like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader: the Dark Side is too strong and, eventually, I will go there. Even if only to come back - or maybe not...

Those who own the EJ STF or the Omega EVO: would the handles survive a regular bathroom fall?

In the meantime, I’d appreciate if those of you who have tried the T2 and any of these brushes could give their opinion as to which one I should get as a replacement.

Yaqi Everest
E6A8E0C1-6D2D-416F-B108-7C6B6A3E9B4A.png

Yaqi Bali
F70B9EDE-8975-4502-8C9C-1BFBBC233FC1.png

Thank you, from Mission Control...

PS. I don’t understand why producing a handle that can withstand a fall isn’t on every manufacturer’s priority list.

Last edited:
The Bali Beehive has a hint of scrub and is not as soft as your typical Yaqi brush, it feels a tiny bit like 2 Band. I read in another thread that you like soft tips so maybe the Rainbow Pony would be a better match for your needs.

Can’t tell you about the other brush or the Evo.

Have you looked at PAA brushes as well?

I have the Yaqi Everest. I like it..it splays better than the T2 and I much prefer the Yaqi handle. It's not quite as soft as most synthetics...but still soft.

Have you looked at PAA brushes as well?
Yes. I'd like to try a Peregrino, but PAA's S&H costs make it impossible to get the brush to Brazil. It would be more expensive than buying an EJ STF from Connaught.

I have a T3- its my least favorite brush. I dropped mine this morning- its like lathering with a live fish. Place it down on a marble top and it moves all over the place. It flings lather all over the place with that springy knot unlike any brush i own.
LOL! I also have a T3. I don't have your poetic skills, but that's a very good description of the brush! On top of that, I feel it wastes too much soap (I mean, I need to load it with way more soap than I actually need). Mine has been stored for a while.

If the knot were uninjured, the Scot in me would keep using it, but then I rather enjoy the T2.
This morning, while I was shaving, it dawned on me that, although I liked it better without the dent, that's part of life, its wounds and scars, and that I'm keeping the brush like that. Maybe that's inevitable for a brush that's been named after a battle.

PS. I'm not saying I will not buy one of the other brushes, though! But I'll blame it on BAD, not on bad landing.

I haven’t purchased an STF or Evo simply because you can get a fantastic brush from AP Shave Co or PAA for a fraction of the cost
I live in Brazil and, unfortunately, S&H is one of the decisive factors and kills a lot of the options.

I have a T3- its my least favorite brush. I dropped mine this morning- its like lathering with a live fish. Place it down on a marble top and it moves all over the place. It flings lather all over the place with that springy knot unlike any brush i own.

Sorry you don't like the T3. It's my favorite synthetic. It takes a bit to get the water ratio right, but I've got mine dialed in.

I don't have a problem building lather with it. Works fine for that. I just think the knot is springy and flings lather everywhere. And I guess the ergonomics of the handle and maybe the material makes it too slippery. I haven't tried the higher end simpsons synthetic and probably won't any time soon as I prefer animal hair.

Those who own the EJ STF or the Omega EVO: would the handles survive a regular bathroom fall?

I saw a pic of an EVO that had taken a fall...shattered....to the point where the knot fell out.
I have a plush large floor mat laid out in front of my basin, it cushions anything that may slip
out of the hand.

I like my T3...for the price there's nothing better....however the EVO is an amazing brush and I use it
exclusively....I plan to get both EJ28 and EJ87 eventually.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Someone said the Trafalgar 1 fits in the small Simpsons travel case- the one designed for the Classic 1, Duke 1, and the Case. Is it true? Will the T1 fit in the small tube?

Top Bottom