What's new

The Time Has Come For Change

Well friends,

The time has come to change my avatar. What once was funny is now stupid - to me. I think its time to put a more sophisticated pic up there - something I can relate to better, lol.

Enter Winston Churchill smoking a cigar.

:badger:

It's funny how you begin to picture what members look like based on their avatars...I always just thought you were some long-bearded dude who walked around with a small animal on your head...now new people are going to think you're a bald-headed cigar-smoking dude!! :001_tongu

me? well....that's me!!!

Lol. I'd look at my old avatar and think, "what is that fool saying NOW?"

I imagine that's what other people would think too. Maybe now my off-the-wall ramblings will have credence! :lol:

Sir Winston Churchill interesting change of avatar, I once visited his family home on the Blenheim palace estate in Oxfordshire I took a working terrier ***** there to mate with one of the gamekeepers terriers, an amazing country house and estate, I'll leave you with one of his famously funny sayings, Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.” Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober, but you will still be ugly.”

That's awesome! He's always been an inspirational man to me. And the fact that I took up cigar smoking this year makes me like him even more.

ps I added the last part of that quote for you, its a good one :001_smile

Ah...well there aren't too many historical figures I respect more than Churchill. Very nice choice.

Edit: By the way that quote above is one of my favorites of his!

Last edited:
I'm not MOD but this seems like an odd place for this...

I looked and didn't see any area to put a thread subject like this. If it will settle your constitution in this matter, let me discuss it in these terms, so that it sounds more like "general straight razor talk.":

My silly avatar inhibited my ability to disseminate general straight razor knowledge among enthusiasts. By changing my avatar to a respectable image, I believe it will make it easier for straight razor enthusiasts to absorb the knowledge I have to offer.

Can anyone think of members here who have avatar images that evoke a satisfying sense of authority or knowledge?

In my mind, when I see a person who has thousands of posts, or a "mod" or "hobbyist" badge, or a link to their straight razor restoration website, or a quantity of pictures of their restoration work, I feel, on a subliminal level, that that person has some knowledge on the subject.

Does anyone really take to heart, in regards to straight razor knowledge, the words of the guy with a silly avatar, 80 posts, and a number of pics of DE's, Camaros, and pictures of their cat in their images gallery?

That's a great point....I know when I was new here, I 'listened' to the guys who had all those attributes you just named moreso than, well, the guy with the cat pics!! :laugh:

*deleting all of my Camaro & cat pics*...:lol:

My silly avatar inhibited my ability to disseminate general straight razor knowledge among enthusiasts. By changing my avatar to a respectable image, I believe it will make it easier for straight razor enthusiasts to absorb the knowledge I have to offer.

So it's my elephant that stops people listening to me! I just thought it was that I never had anything good to say! :biggrin:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I love my avatar cuz it oozes serfistykashen.
Actually, it was just how my fruit for work ended up looking on my desk one morning.

Lol. I'd look at my old avatar and think, "what is that fool saying NOW?"

I imagine that's what other people would think too. Maybe now my off-the-wall ramblings will have credence! :lol:

Yup,, perfect logic as that sounds like something Churchill would have said. Smoking a cigar just adds to the effect.
I'm guessing by that thought that if I change my avatar to Stephen Hawkings, and sit in a wheelchair I'll be more like him and things I say will be profound.

Yup,, perfect logic as that sounds like something Churchill would have said. Smoking a cigar just adds to the effect.
I'm guessing by that thought that if I change my avatar to Stephen Hawkings, and sit in a wheelchair I'll be more like him and things I say will be profound.

You HAVE to be single.

Top Bottom