What's new

The Time Has Come For Change

Well friends,

The time has come to change my avatar. What once was funny is now stupid - to me. I think its time to put a more sophisticated pic up there - something I can relate to better, lol.

Enter Winston Churchill smoking a cigar.

:badger:

It's funny how you begin to picture what members look like based on their avatars...I always just thought you were some long-bearded dude who walked around with a small animal on your head...now new people are going to think you're a bald-headed cigar-smoking dude!! :001_tongu

me? well....that's me!!!

Lol. I'd look at my old avatar and think, "what is that fool saying NOW?"

I imagine that's what other people would think too. Maybe now my off-the-wall ramblings will have credence! :lol:

Sir Winston Churchill interesting change of avatar, I once visited his family home on the Blenheim palace estate in Oxfordshire I took a working terrier ***** there to mate with one of the gamekeepers terriers, an amazing country house and estate, I'll leave you with one of his famously funny sayings, Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.” Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober, but you will still be ugly.”

That's awesome! He's always been an inspirational man to me. And the fact that I took up cigar smoking this year makes me like him even more.

ps I added the last part of that quote for you, its a good one :001_smile

Ah...well there aren't too many historical figures I respect more than Churchill. Very nice choice.

Edit: By the way that quote above is one of my favorites of his!

Last edited:
I'm not MOD but this seems like an odd place for this...

I looked and didn't see any area to put a thread subject like this. If it will settle your constitution in this matter, let me discuss it in these terms, so that it sounds more like "general straight razor talk.":

My silly avatar inhibited my ability to disseminate general straight razor knowledge among enthusiasts. By changing my avatar to a respectable image, I believe it will make it easier for straight razor enthusiasts to absorb the knowledge I have to offer.

Can anyone think of members here who have avatar images that evoke a satisfying sense of authority or knowledge?

In my mind, when I see a person who has thousands of posts, or a "mod" or "hobbyist" badge, or a link to their straight razor restoration website, or a quantity of pictures of their restoration work, I feel, on a subliminal level, that that person has some knowledge on the subject.

Does anyone really take to heart, in regards to straight razor knowledge, the words of the guy with a silly avatar, 80 posts, and a number of pics of DE's, Camaros, and pictures of their cat in their images gallery?

That's a great point....I know when I was new here, I 'listened' to the guys who had all those attributes you just named moreso than, well, the guy with the cat pics!! :laugh:

*deleting all of my Camaro & cat pics*...:lol:

My silly avatar inhibited my ability to disseminate general straight razor knowledge among enthusiasts. By changing my avatar to a respectable image, I believe it will make it easier for straight razor enthusiasts to absorb the knowledge I have to offer.

So it's my elephant that stops people listening to me! I just thought it was that I never had anything good to say! :biggrin:

Lol. I'd look at my old avatar and think, "what is that fool saying NOW?"

I imagine that's what other people would think too. Maybe now my off-the-wall ramblings will have credence! :lol:

Yup,, perfect logic as that sounds like something Churchill would have said. Smoking a cigar just adds to the effect.
I'm guessing by that thought that if I change my avatar to Stephen Hawkings, and sit in a wheelchair I'll be more like him and things I say will be profound.

Yup,, perfect logic as that sounds like something Churchill would have said. Smoking a cigar just adds to the effect.
I'm guessing by that thought that if I change my avatar to Stephen Hawkings, and sit in a wheelchair I'll be more like him and things I say will be profound.

You HAVE to be single.

Top Bottom