What's new

The Tilted Picnic, Year Three

@Old Hippie I'm really enjoying reading, re-reading and then reading again the Tilted Picnic posts. I didn't catch this - what finish did you get on your ATT X1?

You sparked my interest in the ATT X1, so I ordered one yesterday. I've always been interested in slants. So far I like the Merkur the best. I have tried several different ones. Can't wait to try the X1.
Hi, just read through this thread. Did you ever get the X1?
I also saw on another thread that you also have the SE1!
What are your thoughts on both and which do you prefer and why?
LRod

Right now, I do not own any slant razors. They do give a nice smooth shave, but I find them unnecessary. I have tried several slants and I remember the Merkur 37 as being the best.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Hi, just read through this thread. Did you ever get the X1?
I also saw on another thread that you also have the SE1!
What are your thoughts on both and which do you prefer and why?
LRod

Yes, I did get the X1. More in a moment...

I've had the SE1, SE1 Windsor and the SE2. Although I generally like OC razors the SE2 was well above my skill level at the time. I struggled with the SE1 going ATG on the back of my head. I also wandered through some less congenial blade choices on my way to the Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink. After trading the SE1 and SE2 off (the SE1 became my beloved S2) I later picked up an SE1 Windsor and tried that briefly. AC just didn't seem to be a format I really enjoyed.

The X1 was initially an impulse. After all, I'm about the slants so I figured it looked sufficiently quirky I needed to try it. As I've noted in this year's SLANTember thread, it is a very very good razor. Considered as an AC razor, it is very smooth and efficient. Add in that it is also a slant, and it's just more shaving goodness.

I've now only got one AC razor; the X1. Found the one that works.

O.H.

Yes, I did get the X1. More in a moment...

I've had the SE1, SE1 Windsor and the SE2. Although I generally like OC razors the SE2 was well above my skill level at the time. I struggled with the SE1 going ATG on the back of my head. I also wandered through some less congenial blade choices on my way to the Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink. After trading the SE1 and SE2 off (the SE1 became my beloved S2) I later picked up an SE1 Windsor and tried that briefly. AC just didn't seem to be a format I really enjoyed.

The X1 was initially an impulse. After all, I'm about the slants so I figured it looked sufficiently quirky I needed to try it. As I've noted in this year's SLANTember thread, it is a very very good razor. Considered as an AC razor, it is very smooth and efficient. Add in that it is also a slant, and it's just more shaving goodness.

I've now only got one AC razor; the X1. Found the one that works.

O.H.
That's awesome!
I just ordered one from ATT yesterday. It'll be my 4th. ATT razor!
I'm looking forward to it!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
That's awesome!
I just ordered one from ATT yesterday. It'll be my 4th. ATT razor!
I'm looking forward to it!
So which three do you currently have and how do you rate them? If the fourth has arrived, toss it into the mix.

So which three do you currently have and how do you rate them? If the fourth has arrived, toss it into the mix.
I have:
-Windsor SSRH .80 with the Kronos handle. My #1 (My most perfect razor thus far!) It does everything right!
-Aluminum Windsor with stainless Bamboo handle. My#2 (My hands down most aggressive razor when used with the H1 .91 closed comb base plate). These have 2mm. of blade exposure! It's a bit more tame when I use the R2 .58 open comb plate and the M1 .25 closed comb plate
-I forgot that I now have 2 and not 3 ATT's (till the new one arrives), LOL!!
I sold my Windsor Pro aluminum and had totally forgotten. I didn't like the Windsor Pro. It felt like a toy in your hands and despite looking good, you could tell that it wasn't Made in the USA!
-My next one (third) is still enroute. It's the X1 single edge slant!
LRod

Top Bottom