What's new

The Three Razor Method

I used to use my adjustable and dial it down through the shave but hey I was still learning then now I just use the one razor per shave unless I have a pre outstanding irritation then im back to the adjustable .
why use 2 hammers to knock a nail in when one does it perfect given the right technique.

I remember talking to CR of method shaving infamy on the phone back in the day and we discussed 2 razors if you felt the need to address areas differently. Do what you like, you’ll enjoy the shave and results for you and not others.
Can you give us some specifics on what he thought vis-a-vis multiple razors? I'm planning on doing a video about Charles / M. shaving later in the year.

Good for you. If my dad could make something more difficult, he would. That said, using multiple razors or different types of razor is more for fun and to use more razors in one's collection. That's why I started the Daily Double. It's caught on well for some of us.

It's great to have fun while shaving and to enjoy more than one razor at each shave, if that's what you like Personally I enjoy one at a time, but if a multi razor shave is what is fun then happy shaving. I too sometimes play at shaving but I like building big lather sort of looking like a big white fluffy beard, when my kids were little it gave them a big thrill. But there are times when I only have time for my 20 min. shave and playing at shave time is not applicable.
Have fun, Denis

I used to use my adjustable and dial it down through the shave but hey I was still learning then now I just use the one razor per shave unless I have a pre outstanding irritation then im back to the adjustable .
why use 2 hammers to knock a nail in when one does it perfect given the right technique.

+1

It's great to have fun while shaving and to enjoy more than one razor at each shave, if that's what you like Personally I enjoy one at a time, but if a multi razor shave is what is fun then happy shaving. I too sometimes play at shaving but I like building big lather sort of looking like a big white fluffy beard, when my kids were little it gave them a big thrill. But there are times when I only have time for my 20 min. shave and playing at shave time is not applicable.
Have fun, Denis
My little grandson loves for me to lather his face and using my razors, sans blades of course. :)

My drill instructor was a great believer in Kentucky windage. I think the concept can be applied to other tasks, including shaving. Adjust your aim, or technique, not your gear.

But, hey, if using multiple tools sparks joy, have at it.

My drill instructor was a great believer in Kentucky windage. I think the concept can be applied to other tasks, including shaving. Adjust your aim, or technique, not your gear.

I shaved for years with Barbasol and a DE from Sally’s. Don’t pretend we are all here just interested in shaving.:a29:

Your drill instructor's logic is dead on the money for the infantry --- where a soldier's effectiveness is directly impacted by the weight of the gear they're carrying as well as buiding the skills necessary to improvise in the field. ** Salute that **

Personally in the comfort of my civilian shave den I always use 2 razors and sometimes a third. Why? Because for me at least it's fun. So why not?

Ordinarily.....

- I keep a Fatboy dialed in at 7 for my face and the area just under my chin. I use a sharper blade like a feather in this razor.

- I keep a Blackbeauty dialed in at 3 for my more tender lower neck area -- the area below jaw hinge through adam's apple to opposite jaw hinge. I like an Astra in this razor.

- For when I've gone several days without shaving I'll do a pass with an aggressive open comb razor. So far the Astras and Gillette Blue have served me well in this setup.

Is this over kill? Could I do it all with simply one of the adjustables and turning the dial adjusting technique? Yuppp...

But hey? What good is it having toys if you don't get to take them out and play with them?

My skin gets a bit more sensitive with each pass. This makes perfect sense to me. Also, it would be easy to do with an adjustable, or even a 6s.

But when I use my 6s, I usually don't bother to change plates mid-shave, even though I believe it would give me a better shave. I don't even bother to change the dial on my Slim mid-shave. Maybe I should.

This idea comes up from time to time. basically, it's a way to add variety to your shave once you have reached a certain level w/ your technique and shaves.

I can shave on autopilot w/ the 2011 R41, so from time to time, I will use 3 different razors just for the fun of it. Depending on what's going on, I will start w/ an OC, then to a Slant, and finish w/ one of my Gillettes. It helps me to focus since I am changing the type of razor for each pass.

Other shaves, I will start with a SE, then Slant, and then adjustable cranked up all the way. Either way, I have found my shaves like that to be enjoyable. I never notice the amount of time it takes since shaving is me time.

marty

Top Bottom