What's new

The Three Prorasos

Well, I've tried all three of the new Proraso creams now. I've shaved through several tubes/tubs of the green since the new formulation came out, and I've recently tried the Red and Blue creams. The great thing is that they all perform about the same. That means fantastic performance and idiot proof lather. They all smell nice in their own way, and while the Red has a Sandalwood scent, all of them fundamentally smell like you'd expect shaving cream to smell--like shaving cream. I actually like the Red and Blue better than the green scent-wise. I'm glad Proraso came out with the Blue and the Red. I love using Proraso, but I don't always want the menthol. After I use up the tube of Red, I'll get a tub of the soap. I hope they come out with the Blue in the tub soon.

Proraso makes me feel foolish for trying other more expensive soaps and creams. Nothing in my den beats Proraso for performance.

Last edited:
Yeah, I bought my first tub of Prorazo Green last October when I was travelling in Canada. I've yet to see the stuff in a store where I live, here in Texas. I just bought my second tub of green from a website. The stuff works so well that I have no desire to experiment with the other Prorazo flavors.

I have only used the Blue & Red so far (I have the Green, but I'm waiting for the weather to get a little warmer first). They both are excellent. Great scents and excellent lather, what more can you ask for?

Yeah, I bought my first tub of Prorazo Green last October when I was travelling in Canada. I've yet to see the stuff in a store where I live, here in Texas. I just bought my second tub of green from a website. The stuff works so well that I have no desire to experiment with the other Prorazo flavors.

Believe it or not Target used to sell the old formula Green Tub and tube. That's where I used to get it. In Dallas and San Antonio.. Now they no longer carry it. Sad.. : (

The white Proraso (sensitive formula) was my first cream I purchased and is still in my rotation. It's a solid performer with a subtle scent and light on the menthol, very enjoyable.

Believe it or not Target used to sell the old formula Green Tub and tube. That's where I used to get it. In Dallas and San Antonio.. Now they no longer carry it. Sad.. : (

Do you have a Bath & Body Works near you? They seem almost epidemic in the malls here. They sell C.O. Bigelow, which is the same cream rebranded.

I love the green.

Here is my 3 amigos green lineup...pre-shave cream, cream and aftershave splash ;) I just started using the pre-shave cream. Good stuff, although the benefit seems incremental. I'll give it more time before state an option on the pre-shave cream.

Got a drawer with all three. They are great performers and give a nice variety. Once the 2013 sabattical is over and I've used up more of my stock, I plan on buying the Musgo Real lineup.

Proraso makes me feel foolish for trying other more expensive soaps and creams. Nothing in my den beats Proraso for performance.

Boy that's the truth. I've got hundreds of dollars in other soaps and creams. When I want a good shave with no worries I reach for anything Proraso.

I have both red and green. I liked the scent of the old green formula better, but the new stuff seems to lather better. I LOVE the scent of Red, especially during the winter. My next shave supply order will include a tube of Blue.

As a newbie I've only been using the green, but the red and blue are in my list to try along with other soaps and creams. Loving the green so far though it makes a great lather even with hard water.

I have a tube of green and tubs of green, white, and red. Im not as much a fan of the tube because its so "watery". Thats the only reason I havent bought the blue. As I am strictly a face latherer, Ill buy the blue as soon as it comes in a tub.

I have the green in tube form and white in a tub. For some reason, I can't get a super rich lather from the tub. Maybe I just need to use more lather? I feel like swirling for linger than 1 minute would be wasteful though?

Top Bottom