What's new

The Three Musketeers

when I started to get passionate about wet shaving ( nearly 20 years ago) I never thought I'd get to buy such tools.
I am not repentant and I have not made any debts to buy them.
they are fantastic tools in every aspect (even though I rarely use them)

But I don't know why I can't feel them completely “mine”

I realized with time that for me razors were and remain something much more basic .
they don't reflect my character
Someone may say: why did you buy them then? many will understand 😉

That's all, a simple consideration or a confession ☺️

I'm not even sure if I was able to explain well what I meant😅

I often find it difficult to make myself understood even in my native language ... let alone in one that is not mine
Thanks for attention and sorry for the strange thread

1EC9B395-85CD-41BF-BA5D-20B2F04EFE5D.jpeg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
when I started to get passionate about wet shaving ( nearly 20 years ago) I never thought I'd get to buy such tools.

I realized with time that for me razors were and remain something much more basic .

I often find it difficult to make myself understood even in my native language ... let alone in one that is not mine

View attachment 1417330
Beautiful, what razors are those?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think I understand what you are getting at.

The older I get the more I realize that "my" possessions own me, if I get too attached to them, or try to obtain too much....

Does this make any sense?

Three beautiful razors. Congrats!

I think we're used to trying to do some chores as cheaply and quickly as possible. So it seems contrary to spend on a more luxury item to shave. However, as you say, a razor is a tool as well and sometimes buying quality pays for itself.

I think treating yourself on a nice razor or tool that you'll use regularly, if not daily, that'll bring you joy is a good investment. That's what I tell myself at least 🤣

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

View attachment 1417330
Very nice adjustable razors, I think you fancy adjustable razors on the high end. There are some fellows on this forum who have those and a few more high end adjustable razors. You could spend money on other things but these will give you pleasure for 15minutes every time used and put a smile on your face.

Beautiful razors. I have only used the Rex, and expect it to be passed onto one of my kids when I enter eternity. I have heard great things about the other two, but don't plan on investing in any additional razors (of course, one never knows).

View attachment 1417330

Lovely!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

I think I know exactly what you are trying to say. Let me try to re-phrase it and see if I am close.

You bought some wonderful, expensive razors, and since you could afford them, you aren't sorry that you did. Once they got in your den, though, as much as you enjoyed them, they seemed almost like visitors, rather than family members. You can't quite wrap your head around the idea that these razors actually belong to you, perhaps because they are so different from razors you had used in the past.

I have experienced a similar feeling before. I don't normally spend a lot of money on luxurious razors. Then one day I splurged bigtime on a rhodium-plated Toggle. For a few months it really felt like an interloper in my den. I just couldn't believe that the razor was actually part of my collection, maybe because I had ogled, envied, and sought after one for so long and failed to find one that I assumed I would go to my grave without ever acquiring one.

Another feeling I got that surprised me was that I was kind of stunned by the idea that if I just ponied up enough money, people would give me razors like that one. And it was weird, because previously I had been trying to obtain one the hard way, by seeking it out in the wild and hoping to find one to restore, and truly make MINE. So I guess it seemed overly facile that after all that hard work that had gone unrewarded, I could just give somebody a lot of money and they would just hand over the razor! For a brief period of time it almost made me not like it as much as I should have, because it seemed that it came too easily. Eventually I figured out that if I just embraced it, and continued to use it regularly, it would begin to fit in more, and to feel more like it BELONGED in my den.

On a lighter note, if for any reason you feel like you will never really be able to fully feel like those razors are YOURS, I'd be happy to take the Sailor off your hands, maybe relieve a little of that pressure for you. PM me and I'll give you my mailing address. :thumbup1: :lol:

Oh, and by the way, those are gorgeous razors.

I think I know exactly what you are trying to say. Let me try to re-phrase it and see if I am close.

You bought some wonderful, expensive razors, and since you could afford them, you aren't sorry that you did. Once they got in your den, though, as much as you enjoyed them, they seemed almost like visitors, rather than family members. You can't quite wrap your head around the idea that these razors actually belong to you, perhaps because they are so different from razors you had used in the past.

I have experienced a similar feeling before. I don't normally spend a lot of money on luxurious razors. Then one day I splurged bigtime on a rhodium-plated Toggle. For a few months it really felt like an interloper in my den. I just couldn't believe that the razor was actually part of my collection, maybe because I had ogled, envied, and sought after one for so long and failed to find one that I assumed I would go to my grave without ever acquiring one.

Another feeling I got that surprised me was that I was kind of stunned by the idea that if I just ponied up enough money, people would give me razors like that one. And it was weird, because previously I had been trying to obtain one the hard way, by seeking it out in the wild and hoping to find one to restore, and truly make MINE. So I guess it seemed overly facile that after all that hard work that had gone unrewarded, I could just give somebody a lot of money and they would just hand over the razor! For a brief period of time it almost made me not like it as much as I should have, because it seemed that it came too easily. Eventually I figured out that if I just embraced it, and continued to use it regularly, it would begin to fit in more, and to feel more like it BELONGED in my den.

On a lighter note, if for any reason you feel like you will never really be able to fully feel like those razors are YOURS, I'd be happy to take the Sailor off your hands, maybe relieve a little of that pressure for you. PM me and I'll give you my mailing address. :thumbup1: :lol:

Oh, and by the way, those are gorgeous razors.
10 + Sir ! ☺️🙌

An equivalent of experience, on a different level of expense, would be my experience of finding the PILS and making one mine as an example of the sense of fine jewelry the Sailor is and the value of personal possession. The experience of expanding one's sense of "Mental Equivalent" can be profound.

Notwithstanding the differences through employment and personal responsibilities when using/controlling/directing multi-million dollar international equipage/systems. The very personal, private, mental equivalents can be 'mind-blowing.'
Thank you for sharing. Yes, even in shaving, awe is a real experience. Lovely jewelry.

Top Bottom