What's new

The Thing of Miracles

So, my Mergress Long Handle and my Voskhod blade don't seem to like each other very much and they seem to have taken it out on my neck the last few days in response. For some reason, I have gotten increasingly bad razor burn over the last three or four days with that combination. It's been so bad that my neck had a bunch of red dots, burned and itched, all at the same time this morning. Very uncomfortable. Neither witch hazel or Nivea Sensitive Post Shave has done a thing to help. Then I decided to try this stuff.

SM Aloe.jpg

OMG! This stuff is amazing!! It's like night and day for my neck. I put the aloe on and it went on cool, then it changed to a feeling like my neck was literally radiating heat, which actually made me a little nervous. After a couple of minutes of that, it was nirvana. Razor burn is gone, or at least the feeling of the burn and itch are both gone. Aloe is the stuff of miracles. When all else fails, I think I'll be turning to this stuff in the future.

Been using Lily of the Desert, formerly Naturade Aloe Vera Gel for after shave and after sun for skin for well over forty years. Aloe Vera Gel is the best after shave you can buy. I usually order a half dozen from vitacost.com along with my usual whey powder for Vitamix smoothies and other items. Highly recommended.

I use an aloe based shave gel with cool mint. I’ve used aloe most of my life. Good stuff. You can drink appropriate versions of it for the gut too.

Thanks for sharing the version you have found and use.

Aloe Vera Gel is my aftershave everyday. I used to only use the gel as a moisturizer and tried out different aftershaves once I started wet shaving. Now, I'm back to it. I use Thayer's WH first and then gel after. Nice skin everyday.

I've used aloe for years, never considered using it for aftershave. Thanks for the post, I'll have to try it.

Thayers and Humphreys contain some aloe vera. It helps round out the lotions, because pure witch hazel is more astringent, drying, and can be sensitizing.

Last edited:
Razor burn is not a fluke. Always caused by too much pressure, too many passes and/or using a razor more aggressive than your face needs. Too many passes includes ATG for those who cannot tolerate this (most shavers).

Top Bottom