What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

This past weekend.
2B046AF4-CF93-4CDD-822D-088F8A7AA508.jpeg

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Did four big Boston butts (NC folks prefer pork BBQ) this weekend over hickory for a charity fundraiser. Sorry no pix but everyone said that they came out great.

How do you like the Recteq? Been thinking about picking one up soon

I absolutely love it. Got it the first part of June and have used it non stop. I looked at Treagers and in my opinion the Recteq’s are built better with their stainless shells. Temperature control is outstanding with the PID controller and the App to control the grill has been flawless so far despite some of the complications that some are reporting with it. In short, it’s worth every penny and I’m betting you will love it if you pick one up.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Did four big Boston butts (NC folks prefer pork BBQ) this weekend over hickory for a charity fundraiser. Sorry no pix but everyone said that they came out great.
BBQ is regional, and uses what they have on hand. Hence, in Texas, beef and mesquite is king. I love all of it, though I give a slight edge to pork.

BBQ is regional, and uses what they have on hand. Hence, in Texas, beef and mesquite is king. I love all of it, though I give a slight edge to pork.

I thought post oak was king in Texas? Its on my bucket list to go there, but I was always told salt, pepper, and post oak in Texas.

Maybe Texas has several regional styles like the Carolinas?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Got the packer brisket trimmed and the flat and point separated. Did the point, along with a chicken breast. Smoked over hickory, mesquite, and post oak...whatever I was in the mood to throw on the fire when it was time to add wood.

SWMBO started the fire and did most of the cooking.

1630974047592.png

Point has been on for awhile and is wrapped in the pink butcher paper.

1630974086878.png

I think we are done.

1630974159576.png

Yum.

1630974207419.png

Top Bottom