What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

Flank Steak on the Weber kettle!
20200514_183903(0).jpg

And my wife got me this awesome apron for our anniversary.
20200514_180123 (1).jpg

Tri tip is one of my favorites!!

What kind of rub did you use on yours? How did you like it.

I usually do a Dalmatian salt and pepper rub and it has always turned out really good.

Have also done a cabernet sauvignon marinade that is excellent as well.

I'm curious about the history of BBQ. I read something that Europeans/Native Americans made no contribution and it is all African in origin but that seems historically inaccurate given the techniques and ingredients.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm curious about the history of BBQ. I read something that Europeans/Native Americans made no contribution and it is all African in origin but that seems historically inaccurate given the techniques and ingredients.

I believe originally it was in the Caribbean. I'm sure it was done in many places...wherever meat was cooked with fire.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

Considering how simple and basic it is, there are many different places and ways that it started. Much of "Texas barbecue" comes from German and Czech tradition and methods.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Tri tip is one of my favorites!!

What kind of rub did you use on yours? How did you like it.

I usually do a Dalmatian salt and pepper rub and it has always turned out really good.

Have also done a cabernet sauvignon marinade that is excellent as well.

I used a rub that I saw on sale at Food Lion the other day. It was Kingsford Original salt-free. It was an OK rub that cost less than the spices to make a rub. 95% of the time I just use SPOG (salt, pepper,onion,garlic).

I used a rub that I saw on sale at Food Lion the other day. It was Kingsford Original salt-free. It was an OK rub that cost less than the spices to make a rub. 95% of the time I just use SPOG (salt, pepper,onion,garlic).

Sometimes I buy rubs on sale or at a discount store. I haven't found a low priced one that has been re purchased so far. Maybe I'm just having bad luck. But they are either too salty, bland or dried up.

Got a collection of BBQ rub recipes. Have made a few of them or sometimes I make one up with whatever I have in the kitchen cupboard.

SPOG is always the first 4 ingredients I put in when making my rubs.

Top Bottom