What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

I see you're in Texas; I've never been, but I bring a little bit of it North when I bbq. I like to use a lot of Aaron Franklin's Texas style methods especially with brisket and spare ribs.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am about 3 hours South of Austin. I have been to Portland and Cape Elizabeth, Maine. I had to go try lobster. My oldest went to high school in New Hampshire and I visited that area twice. What beautiful country.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am about 3 hours South of Austin. I have been to Portland and Cape Elizabeth, Maine. I had to go try lobster. My oldest went to high school in New Hampshire and I visited that area twice. What beautiful country.
Did the amount of trees do anything for you? When we went to Arkansas in October, my native Texas wife couldn’t believe how many trees there were. Hell, having been down here so long I had forgot.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The trees are something special. At our ranch you cannot walk in the brush in many places because of the cactus and also how thick the undergrowth is. But it mostly mesquite this far south.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Had a brisket hanging out in the freezer, just begging for some time in the smoke.
Who am I to deny its destiny. So it begins.

20200119_073849.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
No real plan here. Tend to the fire, try not to open the lid too often. Cook till it looks and feels right. The only probe I'll be using is my finger tip. Maybe throw a few bangers on to keep it company.
I may have to crack open a few cold one's while I slave over a hot que.

20200119_100051.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm going to wrap in foil. I don't think it has enough marbling to go naked all the way.

Bacon over it...….why did you have to say that. Hmmm bacon.

Top Bottom