A huge bone in rib eye and cauliflower.

Attachments

• 01D848A7-1034-44E1-8F67-5C446A05EFB4.jpeg
    01D848A7-1034-44E1-8F67-5C446A05EFB4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I ain’t never been there neither!!
Thought about it once when my daughter was at NYU but decided against it.
I am like you when it comes to doing steaks at home.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I ain’t never been there neither!!
Thought about it once when my daughter was at NYU but decided against it.
I am like you when it comes to doing steaks at home.
I think when you make your own you take more care. Plus, you have the experience of cooking over fire. I think it touches on a primitive part of our brain- it is basic survival.

@oc_in_fw
@martym
You guys are both on point. I have been to far too many high end steak places over the years: Ruth Chris', Morton's, Bern's, Hall's [in Charleston SC. Probably best of the bunch], The Yachtsman, Charlie's, Chops, Kevin Rathbun's...the list goes on.
Best of show always seems to come out of my back yard. Just HAVE to find the right butcher.

I usually drink beer, make sides, and drink more beer while I am smoking meat. Today, I've found something else to do. Make naan bread on my other grill! So easy and actually better results than on a cast iron pan.

Tacos with pork shoulder burnt ends and homemade pickled red onions.

This might be barbecue sacrilege but I think I'm done serving white bread with smoked meats. The naan has better texture, better taste, and holds the taco together better. This is why I need multiple grills.

martym

My beloved asked me to BBQ today before I leave for work.
I still have to throw on shrimp, more ribs, and some New York Strips.
9B52FAC3-A91E-4107-91C8-FA193972A159.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
This might be barbecue sacrilege but I think I'm done serving white bread with smoked meats.

Not at all. I haven't been a fan of Wonder-style white bread for any application at all since I was a kid. If I have any bread at all, I tend to go with tortillas (preferably corn) or home made pita. I never thought of naan, and that sounds mighty good.

martym

Very nice!
No BBQ this weekend for us.
I am working 16 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday.
Maybe next weekend.

Yesterday's finished product. It was a little tougher than I wanted. I was impatient and pulled at IT 190 instead of waiting until 200 like I usually do.
20200301_144534.jpg

Top Bottom