THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Lunch is severed. Brisket is wrapped.

20200119_140255.jpg

20200119_140608.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Grab the meat right off the pit with a tortilla. Heck yes. Every single time we are at the ranch!!
Most of the meat gets eaten before it ever has a chance to see a plate.
BUT
We don’t do fancy. Meat and salsa or just meat. Then most of the guys go back out with me and hunt hogs all night.

One morning we harvested a small hog about 20 pounds dressed. We threw it in a foil pan and pored a large bottle of Pace Picante Sauce over it. Then covered with foil and placed on the pit away from the fire, closed the lid and left all day.
When we came back we opened the pit, got the coals hotter and heated tortillas. Then just pulled meat off the bone with the tortilla. Heaven on a tortilla right there.

I may just head to the ranch the next time I am off.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
On a different note...I've been doing this for years, and I'm sure @martym and @DoctorShavegood have also.

I've been doing that, too. We often pull some home-smoked Q from the freezer for tacos. More often than not, it's pulled pork, but it could be anything. Something we haven't done for a while is to warm up some ribs and use that meat for tacos. Tasty!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Naw...I meant making tacos and stuff from what you've smoked yourself. I wonder if I could sell my "creations" for four bucks a pop. :laugh:
Ah. Who doesn't or hasn't eaten straight off the pit? I do everytime i grill or smoke. If the neighbors are in their backyard they get some too.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Here at home leftovers get heated up and tacos are made. Just the norm.
Only difference from 25 or 30 years ago is that now I don’t normally eat tortillas. I use lettuce leaves. Too much insulin needed for tortillas and other carbs. Lots of insulin =‘s huge room for error. Not good.

Ribs when it was about 20 degrees out.

Monday it’s supposed to be 30 and I’m going to throw on a pork butt. I hate skiing so this is my winter sport. 😂

Attachments

• 6DF26B1E-C3BD-42C9-ADEF-D3D4FD903E1F.jpeg
    6DF26B1E-C3BD-42C9-ADEF-D3D4FD903E1F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Of all the ways to hurt myself, I threw my back out yesterday standing beside my WSM cleaning the one of my grates with a wire brush.

Homemade jerky in the afternoon, Tomahawk ribeye in the evening. Pictures won't post. Back is still sore

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
B938B48B-7DE1-4B50-A367-4931EC3FF6B1.jpeg

A little yardbird yesterday smoked over Mesquite. Like turkey, I enjoy all of the leftover meals from smoked chicken better than the original entree!

Last edited:
Top Bottom