What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Should be interesting as it larger than my smaller charcoal pit and smaller than my bigger charcoal pit.
Luckily though the guy who is setting it up will also teach me how to use it.
She also bought me the “plancha”.
I told her that I hope that my gift from them gives her many years of great meals.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Should be interesting as it larger than my smaller charcoal pit and smaller than my bigger charcoal pit.

If you experience is like mine, those pits may see very little use. My Camp Chef has pretty much spoiled me. The only reason I even think about firing up my offset any more is if I need the capacity.

martym

If you experience is like mine, those pits may see very little use. My Camp Chef has pretty much spoiled me. The only reason I even think about firing up my offset any more is if I need the capacity.
That’s what I was thinking. This 885 should hold 2 big turkeys or 3 briskets so it’s plenty big.
I am really looking forward to it.

Not my cook, but we stopped by a local wine shop for a pig roast meal (this guy became pulled pork sandwiches with pickled and caramelized onions).

058FD5D6-A5F3-4060-9818-9ECD74780703.jpeg

martym

My Traeger Ironwood 885 was delivered and explained on Friday. Since then I have used 3 bags of pellets (60lbs).
It’s been really something. So much easier than my conventional pits.
I have cooked:
Wings
Sweetbreads
Chicken Thighs
Beef Dinosaur Ribs
Pork Spare Ribs
Boneless Turkey Breast
Brisket
Fajitas
Sausages
Beef Cheek Meat (barbacoa)

Now tonight I just have to clean it!
WooHoo

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My Traeger Ironwood 885 was delivered and explained on Friday. Since then I have used 3 bags of pellets (60lbs).
It’s been really something. So much easier than my conventional pits.
I have cooked:
Wings
Sweetbreads
Chicken Thighs
Beef Dinosaur Ribs
Pork Spare Ribs
Boneless Turkey Breast
Brisket
Fajitas
Sausages
Beef Cheek Meat (barbacoa)

Now tonight I just have to clean it!
WooHoo
So you’ve gone the lazy route huh? I’m looking to order me one to. lol

martym

Oh yes. And I must say that it is a pleasure to use. It works perfectly. I did a turkey breast and used a temp probe. I set the desired temp and the temp on the pit and we left shopping. I got an alert on my watch telling me that the turkey breast had reached the desired temperature. I set the pit to “keep warm” and then I took it off when we got home. Perfect
I did the same to the brisket and 12 hours later it was perfectly done.
The app even tells me what % of pellets I have remaining.
I couldn’t be happier.
Especially since it came out of my wife’s mad money and not our joint account. Hahahaha

Top Bottom