What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

Ribs today on the Weber Kettle. Going to use hickory chunks, Royal Oak Ridge charcoal which is excellent. Pan of water underneath the meat.

I put 2 briskets on at 8pm last night (11 pounds each before trimming with SPG rub) over mesquite with the occasional apple juice/apple cider spritz. Pulled them off at 2am at the stall, wrapped in foil (no butcher paper handy), and through them in my oven at 225 so I didn't have to deal with the big storms and heavy rain early this morning. Once they hit 210 IT, I wrapped them in towels and put them in a cooler at about 6am. I just cut one at 9am because I gave my neighbors one of the points. The bark was fantastic, and the pics tell the story.

Everyone have a blessed Easter, and stay safe!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I put 2 briskets on at 8pm last night (11 pounds each before trimming with SPG rub) over mesquite with the occasional apple juice/apple cider spritz. Pulled them off at 2am at the stall, wrapped in foil (no butcher paper handy), and through them in my oven at 225 so I didn't have to deal with the big storms and heavy rain early this morning. Once they hit 210 IT, I wrapped them in towels and put them in a cooler at about 6am. I just cut one at 9am because I gave my neighbors one of the points. The bark was fantastic, and the pics tell the story.

Everyone have a blessed Easter, and stay safe!
proxy.php
proxy.php

The smoke ring looks fabulous. The neighbors must have mowed your lawn or painted your house.

The smoke ring looks fabulous. The neighbors must have mowed your lawn or painted your house.
Nah. Just being a good neighbor to a young family expecting a baby. I was thoughtful enough to wear a mask and gloves when delivering!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
image.jpg

A bit out of my element today. I am going to do fajitas. Haven’t done them in years. Just too expensive. So this evening it’s fajitas, pork rib let’s, and two whole chickens. Photos to follow.

martym

24”x 42”
1/4” thick steel
My small pit is 18”x18” and 1/2” thick.
When it gets hot is stays hot.
I also have grates on the bottom so that the coals are about 3” off the bottom.
Hotter fire and less wear and tear on my pit.

martym

Here’s the damage:
873C6714-4DA8-4B4D-BC8F-8A952C822A13.jpeg

33AA1C47-75F0-49D9-9475-7A76748E5782.jpeg

8D7376EB-7825-4D99-BF43-615D8C599C9A.jpeg

C4C0B5C3-4615-42FF-9DE4-FBAACAE874A9.jpeg

0730A2F5-A30F-440D-9830-4602DE97B360.jpeg

the only thing missing are the tortillas that the wife is rolling out and cooking now.

24”x 42”
1/4” thick steel
My small pit is 18”x18” and 1/2” thick.
When it gets hot is stays hot.
I also have grates on the bottom so that the coals are about 3” off the bottom.
Hotter fire and less wear and tear on my pit.

That's so awesome. I have GAD at this point (grill acquisition disorder) after buying my Pellet grill and now a weber kettle.

My wife is going to make some tortillas this weekend for the first time. I can't wait. Probably going to smoke a pork butt for some pulled pork tacos.

Top Bottom