What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XI

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Done and dusted...….urp.

Turned out really nice. Cooked time 10 hours.
The sausages were Roma Tomato & caramelised onion, yum.

20190118_183843.jpg

20190118_184104.jpg

20190118_184342.jpg

Order for Aaron.....order for Aaron.
Oh well, guess I'll have to eat it for you then. :)

20190118_184930.jpg

The QA department approve as well.
20190118_185204.jpg

Now it's time for a wee dram of the Balblar 05, the courier driver delivered at the start of the day. Life is good.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That's nautical terms that you'll get as a New Zealander.

ftfy

Or we could just call it a "winner" also a nautical term for NZ.

The next Americas cup is in Auckland 2021 BTW and with foiling mono hulls. What could go wrong. :)
Come over and see if you can take the cup home.

m2427_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1533044524E5FF.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Done and dusted...….urp.

Turned out really nice. Cooked time 10 hours.
The sausages were Roma Tomato & caramelised onion, yum.

View attachment 944730
View attachment 944732
View attachment 944733

Order for Aaron.....order for Aaron.
Oh well, guess I'll have to eat it for you then. :)

View attachment 944731

The QA department approve as well.
View attachment 944734

Now it's time for a wee dram of the Balblar 05, the courier driver delivered at the start of the day. Life is good.

View attachment 944902 Ready about! Hard a-lee!!!

A couple of good looking sandwiches there.

A couple of good looking sandwiches there.
Thanks OC! In my view a Reuben is right up there at best sandwich type. I can't decide if I like the kraut and thousand island...or the Cole slaw and Russian. Which do most people here like? I've also seen people omit the slaw/kraut, and just use Swiss and mustard.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks OC! In my view a Reuben is right up there at best sandwich type. I can't decide if I like the kraut and thousand island...or the Cole slaw and Russian. Which do most people here like? I've also seen people omit the slaw/kraut, and just use Swiss and mustard.
All are good. I generally just go mustard and Swiss, but if I go fancy it is kraut and Russian.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Buffalo burgers over lump charcoal and hickory twigs.

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

Beef ribeye fresh off the grill.

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

Not grilled or smoked, but the buffalo meatloaf is done.

DSC_0013 (2).JPG

Big Shaggy burger.

DSC_0016 (2).JPG

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
No pics of today’s BBQ. Didn’t even think about taking pics. Just one of those days I guess.

5 chicken breasts
5 chicken legs
5 pounds of Beef Sweetbreads (mollejas)
10 pounds of beef flanken ribs (loaded ribs)
4 sausage links
1 rack of pork spare ribs
Pico de gallo
Guacamole
4 cups of rice
corn and flour tortillas

We had the family over who took us in for nearly 4 months when our home was flooded.
It was a great time.

To me, a Reuben is kraut, swiss, and thousand island or kraut, swiss, and mustard. I love corned beef with cole slaw, swiss, and thousand island, and I assume I would with Russian. But to me that is not a Reuben. Neither is swiss and mustard. I think my favorite is really just corned beef on rye with mustard.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
To me, a Reuben is kraut, swiss, and thousand island or kraut, swiss, and mustard. I love corned beef with cole slaw, swiss, and thousand island, and I assume I would with Russian. But to me that is not a Reuben. Neither is swiss and mustard. I think my favorite is really just corned beef on rye with mustard.

There's not one of those that I would push away from my spot at the table as long as they were on some fine rye bread.

I agree about traditional seeming to be kraut and 1000 island. When I was a kid I worked in a brewery/smokehouse that used a sweet(ish) Cole slaw and Russian. You'd think it would be too sweet that way but something about the heavily smoked corned beef, strong swiss made it work. I keep trying to duplicate it but only have figured out the nice Smokey chopped morsels of corned beef.

Typically I use kraut and 1000 island but last time I ate a few like OC said with just mustard and swiss. That worked!!

Top Bottom