What's new

the Swirl is Gone!

Not the thrill, but that swirl! I shaved it off for the first time today. A little patch of skin under my right jaw that always leaves stubble has had me on a path of serious acquisition of razors for the past three years. I've watched videos, I've used different soaps, brushes, learned what 'buffing' means, tried slants, artist club se, gem, and that swirl has always resisted smoothness. Today's shave was an open comb Karve with a plate B. The swirl is gone. Finally. Gone with no irritation or redness. I have an e plate SB on the way to push the limits, and will probably explore the more aggressive OC plates as well. Thanks for all the shaving experiences posted here. They have been very informative.

congrat's, Sir Lever, on your recent conquest!
FWIW, my own under-jaw problem patch finally succumbed to skin-stretching.
Alum on fingertips. Worked with any aggressive DE or any SE with a stronger angle.
And, confession, that patch also got cleaned up nicely with a Gillette cartridge as well!

Hilarious! I'm sure I have a lot to learn about technique still!

congrat's, Sir Lever, on your recent conquest!
FWIW, my own under-jaw problem patch finally succumbed to skin-stretching.
Alum on fingertips. Worked with any aggressive DE or any SE with a stronger angle.
And, confession, that patch also got cleaned up nicely with a Gillette cartridge as well!

Congratulations. It took a Colonial Razors stainless General to get rid of my swirl, after buying razors for the last 7 years or so. It was a long and sometimes frustrating journey to finally arrive at the combination that worked for me.

I have a swirl myself but that's not the most problematic. The thing for me is down where the beard ends on the neck the grain suddenly changes direction. Oh man, even if I'm aware of it and know how to shave it, I get it right half the times I shave.

I've read a few comments here that fewer passes with the 'right' razor is best. I'm starting to see the wisdom of that.

Top Bottom