What's new

The Surprising Fasan Slant

I've had two really really good shaves from a Fasan (sp?) slant. It's an open-comb slant (wicked twist on the blade, too) in bakelite. I've thrown a souplex blade in it and the results have been awesome. I wish I had a better handle on the availability of a metal version of this razor. This was one of my back-of-the-rack picks, and I've been totally delighted by it.
Just sharing the excitement,
-- Chet

I'm not sure which Fasan you have, there is the regular slant and the double slant.
The bakelite double slant should have a dot on it.
That version also comes with a metal handle and metal cap, but the comb is still bakelite.
I'm not sure if the regular slant comes in anything but bakelite. Maybe it does and I just haven't seen it yet.

For reference here is my clear Fasan open comb slant.

proxy.php

I agree with Chet that they are phenomenal razors.

Hi,

There are two variations of the Fasan Double Slant.

The ones with the Red Dot offer a slightly more aggressive cut on the Red Dot side vs the unmarked side. Those with no Red Dot are the same on both sides.

The Red Dot variety came as (a) all plastic, (b) metal top cap and plastic everything else, and (c) metal top cap and metal handle with plastic bottom plate.

The all-metal double slant sports a safety bar rather than an open comb and shaves differently vs all the other variants. It is also the most difficult to find.

I shave daily with a Red Dot metal top cap variant. The details on what the Red Dot mean come straight out of the original Fasan instructions. :)

Stan

Top Bottom