What's new

The Superior Shave - primitive, but excellent

Primitive? Not sure I'd call it that. "Simple, yet elegant" is how I'd describe it. I've yet to come across a vendor website that I've enjoyed browsing as much as The Superior Shave. Lovely clean layout, quality camerawork, along with good descriptions of the products. A wonderful absence of over-sell. I too prefer the "old" version over the new one he had up recently.

Yeah, Jarrod is fantastic to deal with. When I purchased brushes, he went away and measured every spec on the model so I could choose the one I wanted. I had purchased several brushes from him, including a couple of absolute luxury Vulfix 223x range silvertips.

my personal experiance with the owner was terrible, he is too about himself, very arrogant and did not like answering questions, i will never deal with that company---his customer skills were not there

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Wow. My experience couldn't be more diametrically opposed. I thought he had the patience of a saint.

Jarrod always answers my questions promptly. He's been clear with his opinions, I buy from him with confidence. Seeing the brushes with all their exact specs on his web site is a huge bonus. Sometimes, I use the simple and easy to navigate site as a reference about a brush.

my personal experiance with the owner was terrible, he is too about himself, very arrogant and did not like answering questions, i will never deal with that company---his customer skills were not there[/

He has always been very professional and courteous with me in all ways. I love reading his sight because he is so brutally honest. Perhaps you caught him on a bad day, we all have them!

It's where I got my Slant :thumbup: I don't think the razors are the ones you get; the picture of the Slant hasn't changed as far as I know.

The absolute best place to get a coticule - it is great to be able to see what you are getting especially when it is just a hunk of rock :)

my personal experiance with the owner was terrible, he is too about himself, very arrogant and did not like answering questions, i will never deal with that company---his customer skills were not there

Never had any issues in my 3-4 orders from him. He is opinionated, I admit, but has never been rude and has always answered questions and processed/shipped my orders quickly. He even cancelled an order for me about a year ago when I mistakenly ordered a 2010 R41 for a fairly low price, thinking it was the 2011 version. He cancelled the order without problem and never was rude, he did make a snide comment towards Muhle for their odd choice in issuing a new razor under an already established model number, which I wholeheartedly agree with. I did have to reimburse him the .32 cent Google Checkout fee, but that was to be expected.

He actually reminds me of myself and how I would most likely behave while owning a business. I wouldn't be rude to customers and would be helpful, but I also wouldn't kiss their butt or have a whole lot of patience for the ones that nag or can't fully read descriptions of items or expect me to sell/ship items to them at a loss.

I bought all my Simpsons from Jarrod and if I get the itch to buy something on January 2 2013, I'll probably buy from him.

Great vendor!

+ for Jarrod as an amazing vendor. He is the only vendor I can think of who actually puts honest opinions about his products in his descriptions. Not many vendors are willing to do write anything more in depth than the description of the factory. I love the attention he gives to the individual unit you are buying with the extra photo's and measurements. If your as picky and over opinionated as I am about shaving gear having the exact dimensions of your brushes and hones is a godsend.

As for Jarrod and his customer service, I cant ask for anything more. He has always been helpful and on the rare occasion where something odd has happened he has bent over backwards to help me out. He is always willing to give a honest opinion, and goes out of his way to give you all the information he could possibly provide about a topic or item.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It's where I got my Slant :thumbup: I don't think the razors are the ones you get; the picture of the Slant hasn't changed as far as I know.

Well, you certainly wouldn't expect him to photograph individual slants or other mass produced DE's any more than you'd expect him to photograph individual DE blades. What he does do is provide pictures of hand made and unique items where variation is expected, i.e., brushes, straight razors, and coticules.

Attachments

• $1.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 127
Interesting. Jarrod is the only purveyor who posts photos of the actual item you'll receive.

You call it primitive. I call it groundbreaking.

When you buy a brush from Jarrod, you know exactly what you are getting. I've bought 3 from him and I can say with certainty those 3 will never end up on the BST because they were exactly what I wanted. Truly a fantastic man to deal with. I don't know how he does it.

Primitive? Not sure I'd call it that. "Simple, yet elegant" is how I'd describe it. I've yet to come across a vendor website that I've enjoyed browsing as much as The Superior Shave. Lovely clean layout, quality camerawork, along with good descriptions of the products. A wonderful absence of over-sell. I too prefer the "old" version over the new one he had up recently.

+1000.

I'm not keeping score, but I do support local businesses. Without accounting for all the chatter, it appears to be:

Superior Shave +36

Pretty good reviews if you ask me!
FWIW, I had a terrible day today.

I had no idea when I started this thread that Jarrod had such a fiercely loyal following. Our email conversations AFTER my initial purchase drove home to me just how customer-oriented he is. So I just HAD to buy another brush from him, which I did yesterday. My first purchase was a Vulfix; yesterday's was a Simpsons. There will be more...

Jarrod is great, especially with the brushes. He responds to emailed questions usually within minutes during the day. He'll even give you a recommendation on which knot is best of the bunch if you ask. Make sure to say, please!

Top Bottom