What's new

The Superior Shave - primitive, but excellent

If you've never seen The Superior Shave's website (http://thesuperiorshave.com/), take a few minutes and do so. He displays actual pics of each individual brush he has in stock. For instance, I just bought a Vulfix 377 and I was able to choose the exact brush I wanted from the four he had displayed on his site. Something else he does - he measures the actual size of the brush knot and loft of each individual brush. It's not a slick site and it takes time to find what you're looking for, but your patience will be rewarded. A pleasure to do business with as well.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Interesting. Jarrod is the only purveyor who posts photos of the actual item you'll receive.

You call it primitive. I call it groundbreaking.

+1 Jarrod is a fantastic vendor.
Yes, he is.

I live right down the street from Jarrods store. He's recently had to relocate, and his new place is much more customer friendly. That said, when you walk in the first thing you notice are cameras setup everywhere! Just to reiterate, Jarrod takes the time to photo EACH and EVERY brush that comes through his door. You will always know exactly what you are getting from him. It is true that he uses calipers on every brush. His attention to detail is unbelievable...from the things mentioned above, to the way he packages things to ship.

His knowledge about his product line is shocking...from DE's, soaps, creams...all the way to straights, honing, stones, etc. Frankly, I think the straight department is where he really shines. He can speak to you about the infinite details of straight shaving - and if you called him, I'm confident he would do just that. This guy is a one man shop (I think his wife may help a bit too) and works tirelessly. Yes, there's a large group of great vendors on this site, but I think Jarrod is one of the few that REALLY go above and beyond in the service department and should have a chance to earn your business. My $.02, I'm just a happy customer!

Interesting. Jarrod is the only purveyor who posts photos of the actual item you'll receive.

You call it primitive. I call it groundbreaking.

I believe he was referring to the actual website design, which is a bit archaic but I believe he is in the process of updating it. Honestly, I find the original version enjoyable and get sick of all the flash/clutter heavy sites floating around these days.

+1 with what Ouch said. His website is as close as your going to come to being able to walk around a store, browse, ask some questions, etc. online. I don't have any stores that sell the whole gamut of wet-shaving supplies. Some stores have somethings but few here have what I'm looking for. I really appreciate his site.

If by primitive you mean old fashioned actual shopping experience, than I agree, and couldn't be happier.

His unique service is especially important with Simpson as their knots can vary significantly. He's really an outstanding vendor and saved me from a colossal error when I bought my first new straight. He has well informed opinions and thankfully isn't afraid to express them.

When you buy a brush from Jarrod, you know exactly what you are getting. I've bought 3 from him and I can say with certainty those 3 will never end up on the BST because they were exactly what I wanted. Truly a fantastic man to deal with. I don't know how he does it.

I never knew that this site existed, but I just buzzed over there and took a look at some razors and brushes. I agree that it isn't fancy, but his prices and his shipping costs have me sold. Thanks for sharing this!

Jarrod always takes the time to answer questions and goes out of his way to be helpful. I bought a razor-brush stand from him and asked him questions about what brushes would fit. He promptly answered every question. On another occasion I bought a Progress razor which he shipped to Eric (Mer) for modification. The transaction was fast and painless.

I believe they're developing a new site with a better layout, although I can't seem to find the link anymore.

I haven't purchase from Jarrod (yet) but I have noticed that he has some great prices on lots of shaving items. I also like the video he posted of himself shaving with a straight.

Recently received a PJ1 from Jarrod. I really like how I could pick the exact brush I wanted. No surprises. Got an email right when the brush shipped. Great experience!

Ben

If you've never seen The Superior Shave's website (http://thesuperiorshave.com/), take a few minutes and do so. He displays actual pics of each individual brush he has in stock. For instance, I just bought a Vulfix 377 and I was able to choose the exact brush I wanted from the four he had displayed on his site. Something else he does - he measures the actual size of the brush knot and loft of each individual brush. It's not a slick site and it takes time to find what you're looking for, but your patience will be rewarded. A pleasure to do business with as well.

Jarrod,the extremely knowledgible owner,is a pleasure to deal with.I've bought a few Simpson Chubby 3's in Super from him over the years.He's very honest and up front with all your questions. I love to support great and unique small businesses like his.

Craig

Yes, he is.

I live right down the street from Jarrods store. He's recently had to relocate, and his new place is much more customer friendly.

904 area code? Jacksonville Beach! I'll have to go visit some time. I like supporting local business! Well, kinda local. Everything in this town seems to be a half-hour drive away.

For those who don't know, Jacksonville, Florida, is the largest city in the nation by landmass. Bigger than LA and NYC combined. Socio-politically, OTOH, it deserves the title Reno, NV has claimed: "Biggest little city in the world."

904 area code? Jacksonville Beach! I'll have to go visit some time. I like supporting local business! Well, kinda local. Everything in this town seems to be a half-hour drive away.

For those who don't know, Jacksonville, Florida, is the largest city in the nation by landmass. Bigger than LA and NYC combined. Socio-politically, OTOH, it deserves the title Reno, NV has claimed: "Biggest little city in the world."

This is fiction. Jacksonville is the 5th largest US city by area.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ok, and how does having the largest landmass of a city help the denizens out exactly? The punks have further to run to the borders? Snipers have longer shots? Takes longer to burn?

I hope none of the above, Jarrod has been great to me on several purchases, and the photos do help.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Ok, and how does having the largest landmass of a city help the denizens out exactly? The punks have further to run to the borders? Snipers have longer shots? Takes longer to burn?

More places to hide missing children?

Top Bottom